How to call the StartRecording method in Zoom SDK C# Wrapper?

Hello Everyone,

I have a question on how to use the StartRecording method in Zoom SDK C# Wrapper.
A code snip would be helpful.

Thank you.

Hi @raveena, thanks for the post.

Starting a recording through the SDK programmatically should be a simple as calling the StartRecording function, given that the current user has adequate permission to record the meeting. Are you running into any issues in particular when using this?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jon.zoom, thanks for the reply

I am running into an issue actually.
ValueType date = (DateTime.Now - new DateTime(1970, 1, 1)).TotalMilliseconds;
ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.SDKError recordErr = ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap().GetMeetingRecordingController().StartRecording(ref date);

While using the above method I am getting an exception which says “value to add was out of range”. Due to this I cannot see whether StartRecording() method works.
Need a quick response.

Thank you.

Hi @raveena,

Can you try using seconds instead of milliseconds for the time you’re passing in and let me know if that helps?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jon.zoom

I received the same Exception when Seconds are used instead of Milliseconds.

Thank you.

Hi @raveena,

Can you please provide the exact value you are passing into this?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom

This is the piece of code I am using.

Thank you.

Hi @raveena,

Since the value is generated at runtime, the code snippet you are using will not provide the information needed. Can you please provide the exact value being passed in when this issue is present?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jon.zoom

I am using the zoom_sdk_c_sharp_wrap(x86) project from zoom, For this project I have used the above code snip for the button start.

In that form I will pass the App token, Zoom meeting ID, with the zoom email. Only those details are passed.The requirement is to start recording when the start button is clicked.

Thanks!

Hi @raveena,

I completely understand the setup of your project, but am asking for the concrete value you are passing into the StartRecording function in order to verify that it is valid. Can you please provide that?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.