Unable to record zoom meeting using Zoom SDK C# Wrapper v5.9.1.2625

Hello,
We have a problem in the application with the methods of start recording, When we execute the StartRecording(ref time) method, we get a Exception (System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'Value to add was out of range.).

I have try with different ways but always get same exception. Following is the piece of code for your reference :

private void button_start_Recording()
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Start recording...");

//ValueType time = 0;
        //ValueType time = (DateTime.Now - new DateTime(1970, 1, 1)).TotalMilliseconds;
        //ValueType time = (DateTime.Now - new DateTime(1970, 1, 1)).Milliseconds;
        //ValueType time = (DateTime.Now - new DateTime(1970, 1, 1)).TotalSeconds;
        //ValueType time = (DateTime.Now - new DateTime(1970, 1, 1)).Seconds;
        //ValueType time = DateTime.UtcNow;
        //ValueType time = new DateTimeOffset(DateTime.UtcNow).ToUnixTimeSeconds();
        //DateTime now = DateTime.Now;
        //ValueType time = now;
        //ValueType time = new DateTimeOffset(now).ToUnixTimeSeconds();
        //var Timestamp = new DateTimeOffset(DateTime.UtcNow).ToUnixTimeSeconds();
        //ValueType time = Timestamp;
        ValueType time = DateTime.Now;

try
        {
            var err = CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap().GetMeetingRecordingController().StartRecording(ref time);

}
        catch (Exception ex)
        {

}

}

Need a quick response.

Thank you.

Hi @chandrashekharpainul, thanks for using our SDK.

Can you please provide the concrete value you are passing into StartRecording?

Thanks!

Hello Jon,
Thanks for response. Following are these concrete values which i was pass into the StartRecording() method:
Value in TotalMilliseconds : 1644230255476.8552
Value in Milliseconds: 52
Value in TotalSeconds: 1644230536.5883362
Value in Seconds: 30
Value in DateTime.UtcNow : 07-02-2022 05:12:55
Value in DateTime.Now: 07-02-2022 10:43:08

After sent these all value i have get same exception (System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'Value to add was out of range.).

Thanks

Hi @chandrashekharpainul,

It does not seem like any of these values are valid. For example, when I just tested this and was able to successfully start a recording, I used a value of 1644364464. This represents the current Unix epoch time in seconds.

Thanks!

Hello Jon,
Thanks for response. As suggested by you we have use following two ways to get Unix epoch time in seconds:

1. Int32 unixTimestamp = (int)DateTime.UtcNow.Subtract(new DateTime(1970, 1,
    1)).TotalSeconds;

ValueType time = unixTimestamp; // value of 1644388109

2. Int32 unixTimestamp = (int)DateTime.Now.Subtract(new DateTime(1970, 1,
    1)).TotalSeconds;

ValueType time = unixTimestamp; // value of 1644407928

We have also try with your provided value 1644364464 but we get same exception (System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: 'Value to add was out of range.).

Note : If we try the same procedure with multiple time, some time we get error status code 20 please advice if we missing anything.

Thanks!

It seems like this may be an issue specific to the C# wrapper, which would mean we are unable to provide a fix in a new version due to the limited support mentioned in our documentation. On that same page, there are instructions on how to modify the C# wrapper locally, so you could definitely try taking that approach if you’d like to try.

Thanks!

Hello Jon,
Thanks for response. I have one more query related TimeZone. We can use any timezone to get timeStam or need to use a specific timezome for that ? Please advise.

Thanks!

Since the SDK uses Unix epoch time, the time zone does not need to be taken into account.

Thanks!

Hello Jon,
Thanks for the above response. Still I’m not able to start recording. So can you please tell me which C# wrapper version you are using currently and if possible please share reference link also so that we can use same C# wrapper to achieve call recording functionally.

Thanks

As mentioned previously, the C# wrapper is not officially supported so I was using the native C++ SDK. Since this issue appears to be specific to the C# wrapper, you could try to resolve it locally.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.