Attendee cannot send a message to panelists via browser client. Even though the “Allow participants to chat:” select value is set to “All panelists”, messages cannot be read by panelists. If you change it to the “All panelists and attendees” it works but it should work the other way around too.
There isn’t any error message for this.
Current browser client of Zoom
To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Start the session, host use Zoom app for Mac OS to host the session
- Attendee join the session via web browser (Google Chrome)
- Host and attendee send messages, no issue.
- Host restrict attendee to chat with All panelists (see screenshot 1)
- Attendee can send the messages and it seems like the chat went through
- Host unable to see the messages This issue doesn’t happen when the attendee is using Zoom app for Mac
- Host switch back to chat with Everyone publicly
- Attendee send the message, host can see
- Device: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2015)
- OS: macOS Mojave 10.14.6
- Mac Zoom Client Version : 4.6.7 (18176.0301)
- Browser: Chrome
- Browser Version: 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)