Panelist cannot chat unless attendee chat is enabled in Zoom Meeting sdk

Description
I am integrating the meeting sdk in our app as a platform for teacher-student connection where we have two kinds of student users - paid and free. I’m using the webinar where I’m making the teacher join as a host, paid user as a panelist and free ones as attendees. We require the paid users (panelists) to be able to interact with the host and panelists, whereas the attendees should not with anyone.
The problem i’m facing is that while in the webinar, the panelist chat is disabled even though the required options are enabled as per our scenario (host on the left and panelist on the right):

Only upon enabling the attendee chat, the panelists are able to chat, which does not fit our case.

Browser Console Error

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
^2.5.0

Meeting SDK Code Snippets

For adding the panelist to the webinar, I’m firstly using the ‘add panelist’ api, then the ‘list panelists’ api to get the added panelist’s join url, from which I’m extracting the ’tk’ and passing on to the client side along with other required data and for attendees I’m sending the data without the tk. On the client side, I’m passing along the same data to the ZoomMtg.join() function, where the tk is present in the case of panelist and not for attendee.
Backend snapshot where I’m sending the panelist/attendee data:

Here I’m noot sending tk if user is free (to join as attendee).
Client Side:

Screenshots
Snapshot of webinar chat setting under web portal’s account setting:

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: MacBook Pro (M1, 2020), Chip Apple M1, 8GB RAM
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version 104.0.5112.79 (Official Build) (arm64)

Additional context
For client side using sample app from GitHub - zoom/meetingsdk-angular-sample: Use the Zoom Meeting SDK in an Angular App

“name”: “meetingsdk-sample-angular”,
“version”: “2.5.0”,
“author”: “Tommy Gaessler”,

i would first test if it’s a general problem with zoom webinar in browser or if it’s a problem with the zoom web meeting sdk

test your webinar on zoom.us direct in the browser - start the “Invite Link”, then click the button “join from Your Browser” (i hope there is a similar function for webinars)

is there the same group panellist chat problem?

Jürgen

Thank you for posting in the Developer Forum., @siddhant! With the Web SDK, when it comes to disabling the chat, you can either disable the chat feature for all participants or disable private chat so participants cannot send private messages to other participants. While webinar attendees can’t privately message other attendees. They can send messages to all panelists (including the host) or to all panelists and attendees publicly only.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004809306-Enabling-or-disabling-in-meeting-chat

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060835932

To that end, if you would like these features to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the Feature Requests category.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.