Web SDK - Facing issue with "Allow attendee to chat with - Host only" setting

Hi,

We are facing an issue with Web SDK. When the chat setting is set to “Allow attendee to chat with - Host only” then participant’s message is never reach to the host. We are not facing this issue on App SDK.

Please try to reproduce at your end and provide a fix ASAP.

Hey @namrata,

Can you please share what Web SDK version you are using? Also, are there any errors in the browser console?

Thanks,
Tommy

The SDK is latest one, we updated last week. But the issue was reported with previous one too. No, I haven’t noticed any error. Are you not able to reproduce it?

Hi @namrata,

So far I haven’t been able to reproduce this. I just tested this on 1.8.1, our latest version, and was able to privately message the host successfully when this setting was selected:

Can you share a screenshot of your browser console when you initiate the chat to the host with this setting enabled? If you have a link to your repo or code, this would help to take a closer look too.

Thanks,
Will

Hello Will,

I have found two 404 errors in console for “glyphicons-halflings-regular.woff”.

I am also sharing the code here:

ZoomMtg.preLoadWasm();
    ZoomMtg.prepareJssdk();

$(function () {
        ZoomMtg.init({
            leaveUrl: '@Model.LeaveUrl',
            isSupportAV: true,
            disableInvite: true,
            disableCallOut: true,
            audioPanelAlwaysOpen: true,
            meetingInfo: [
            ],
            success: function () {
                ZoomMtg.join(
                    {
                        meetingNumber: '@Model.MeetingId',
                        passWord: '@Model.Password',
                        userName: '@Model.Name',
                        participantId: '@Model.Id',
                        userEmail: '@Model.EmailAddress',
                        signature: '@Model.Signature',
                        apiKey: '@Model.APIKey',
                        success: function (res) {
                            ZoomMtg.showInviteFunction({
                                show: false
                            });
                            ZoomMtg.showRecordFunction({
                                show: false
                            });
                            setTimeout(function () {
                                var startButton = document.getElementById("pc-join");
                                if (startButton != null && startButton !== undefined) {
                                    startButton.click();
                                }
                            }, 1500);

//$('#nav-tool').hide();
                            $('.meeting-info-icon__icon').remove();
                        },
                        error: function (res) {
                            console.log(res);
                        }
                    }
                );
            },
            error: function (res) {
                console.log(res);
            }
        });
    });

I hope you can suggest me something helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hey @namrata,

Double check you have private chat enabled: https://zoom.us/profile/setting

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for reply @tommy,

I have forwarded the request to the admins and will update you with the confirmation ASAP, but, as I shared earlier that this issue is only with Web SDK. App SDK is not facing any issue with private chat. Does this setting apples only to the Web SDK?

Thanks.

Hello @tommy,

Our issue is exactly same as this ticket
https://devforum.zoom.us/t/web-sdk-in-meeting-chat-messages-not-sending/25761/31

We do not want/need to allow participants to chat with each other, we only want them to chat with host and that setting is enabled at our end. Please go through this and provide a fix soon, it is very urgent.

Thanks in advance,
Namrata Mathur

Hey @namrata,

Thanks for confirming the issue and those settings. We are working on the fix for that chat issues as mentioned in the other thread. :slight_smile: (CS-2159)

Also, if you are using an older version of Microsoft Edge, please upgrade to the latest version.

-Tommy

Thanks @tommy,

I really hope that Zoom provide fix for the reported issues soon. We are facing lots of heat because of these issues, our customer base if facing these problems in day to day bases. Regarding the browser, we are using latest version of Google Chrome.

Thanks again.

Hey @namrata,

Sorry to hear you are facing heat because of this. We are doing everything we can to get this fixed as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you so much, we really appreciate it.

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hello @Tommy,

Any update on this?

Hey @namrata,

No updates yet. We are still working to fit this fix in to one of our upcoming releases.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @Tommy,

Is there any update on this? Can you please ask your team to provide a patch. Our web users are complaining a lot.

Please look into this.

Hey @namrata,

No updates, apart from us working on this currently. It will be fixed in a future release.

Thank you for your patience.

-Tommy

Hey @namrata ,

This should be fixed on Jan 10th, this weekend. Please make sure you are on Web SDK 1.8.5 or higher, and have the Private Chat setting turned ON in your Zoom Web Portal settings:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for update, yes we are upgrading to 1.8.5 today. As we discussed earlier the private chat between host and participant is working fine in mobile app and the setting you shared is off at our end. Same should work in web. We cannot enable this setting, this will allow participant to participant chat and we only want host and participant chat.

What is the reason that app has no issue when this setting is off and for web you are asking to enable it.

Hey @namrata ,

Please let us know if you still see the issue on 1.8.5. :slight_smile:

That setting allows a chat user to message the host directly / privately if that is what you are looking for.

Thanks,
Tommy