Private chat doesn’t work.
We remember this function worked before (last year around September 2019, using v1.4.3 or v1.5.0 or v1.5.1). We don’t know when exactly this issue started to happen. We received this report from our customer as they’re suspecting that the host is not receiving their messages.
There isn’t any error message for this.
Web SDK 1.7.0
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Start the session, host use Zoom app for Mac OS to host the session
- Attendee join the session via web SDK v1.7.0 (Google Chrome)
- Host and attendee send messages, no issue.
- Host restrict attendee to chat with Host only (see screenshot 1)
- Attendee can send the messages and it seems like the chat went through (see screenshot 2)
- Host unable to see the private messages (see screenshot 3) This issue doesn’t happen when the attendee is using Zoom app for Mac
- Host switch back to chat with Everyone publicly
- Attendee send the message, host can see
- To add more to point #5 above, the data captured in the “render” event (not sure if it’s just client side data or actually from the back-end) it shows that the chat is captured in the history hence showing the message in the client’s side. (see screenshot 5)
- During the “render event”, the data also show the correct participants and the user id (this triggered when host switch to host only, see step #4 above). Not sure if this is relevant at all, just pointing out that at this step the data should be correct. (see screenshot 4)
- From the data above, I could see the meeting settings show that there’s a flag called
isPrivateChatEnabledset to false. Also unsure if this is relevant too. I couldn’t see any documentation regarding this. It’s also not in the Zoom’s
initsettings (see screenshot 6)
(will try to add more screenshots in the reply as I’m restricted to upload just 1 image)
- Device: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
- OS: macOS Mojave 10.14.6
- Version: 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- Browser: Chrome