Audio does not work after successfully reconnecting and rejoining the meeting

Hi,

Since our support ask us not to send them developers / technical bugs, i open this thread to report a bug we have for a while now. If you disagree with that please consult your support members internally and not us, and review the quality of support provided here for example.

Description
When the user got disconnected during a meeting but was able to reconnect automatically without having to leave the meeting, the user audio would not work.
By not working this is what’s happening:

• the audio join and audio is still activated on his zoom UI
  • the audio stream seems to be still recorded and visible on zoom meeting console (as sent but also as received for other participants)
  • but other participants do not hear him at all

Temporary workaround:
After the re-connection, the user has to click on Leave Audio > Join Audio by Computer every time to make the audio working again.

Additional light bug:
When such disconnection / re-connection happen, the user is flagged as “user left” on zoom meeting console dashboard, which is incorrect and should be detected & shown as “user disconnection / re-connection” instead to avoid confusion.

Which version?
Web SDK 1.7.10 and 1.8.0
Zoom Sample App

To Reproduce(If applicable)
You can reproduce it by using Zoom Sample App (Web SDK based) and applying the following steps:

1. Computer A: Launch Zoom Sample App and join a meeting
  2. Computer B: Launch Zoom native client and join the same meeting as Computer A
  3. Computer A: Disconnect network connection (Switch to a different wifi, turn off then on the VPN, etc.)
  4. Computer A: Quickly reconnect network connection (Computer B user should stay in the meeting)
  5. Computer A: Try talking and make noise

Actual Result
Computer B user cannot hear Computer A user’s Audio

Expected Result
Computer A user’s audio should still work after reconnecting back

Need more data to investigate on specific case ?
We have a specific meeting where it recently happened, if you really need i can provide it (but since it’s reproducible on the demo app it should not)

Hey @nvivot,

Thanks for reporting this. (CS-2308)

We will investigate the issue and work on a fix.

-Tommy

Thank you!

We are looking forward to a fix.

You are welcome!

I will keep you updated on the fix! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @nvivot,

This will be fixed in version 1.8.1. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Great,

Any idea about 1.8.1 release date ?

Hey @nvivot,

It will be released soon, stay updated here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @nvivot,

Version 1.8.1 has been released! :slight_smile: This issue is now fixed.

We will be updating our changelog shortly:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy

thank you for the update, i will test it and give a feedback here.

Does this bug fix also fix the “regular” audio stop to work (without automatic reconnection in between) that had been reported in other threads ?

Hey @nvivot,

I am not 100% sure if this fixes that additional issue. Please let me know what results you find from your test! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

Unfortunately this is not fixed. I got a report this morning about a problem that looks very similar to this issue.
I can find the meeting id if you want to investigate on but i guess from a server side view you would find nothing as the socket is probably still alive but ignored by the audio component.

In addition to this one, it also sometimes happen in the middle of a meeting, the audio stop to work. From zoom metrics everything looks fine, but on one participant side, the audio receiver stop to process the receiving audio.
By leaving the meeting & re-joining, or by clicking on leave audio & rejoin audio by computer the problem is fixed.

So it looks like the thread responsible of the audio processing (receiver) stop to work for unknown reason. This often happen on chrome boxes with low CPU specifications.

Hey @nvivot,

Thanks for confirming. Yes, we can look into this further for you if you can please share the meetingUUID that had this issue. (CS-2450)

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.