Audio Not work and Audio Settings getting reset during Breakout Rooms

Description
We used a mix of zoom websdk and zoom app for the meeting. The host was on the zoom app. When the host created the breakout rooms, the audio settings for the users get reset. And for some users the mic stops working. There is no way to get the audio working. The user can only refresh the web page and then load zoom again but then they are no longer in the breakout room.

Also the breakout room is closed the audio settings get reset again.

Browser Console Error
There was no error in the browser console

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Meeting SDK Code Snippets
None. Standard Zoom WebSDK Code

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Host is connected to Zoom via Zoom App. Other users connect to the zoom websdk page
  2. Have some users change their audio setting in case they have multiple inputs or output devices.
  3. Start the breakout zoom from the Zoom App. All users who changed audio settings will get reset. Some users reported not able to talk but they could hear every one.

Screenshots
None

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Windows, MacOS
  • Browser:Chrome
  • Browser Version: Version 94.0.4606.81

Additional context
None

Hey @PMTech,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This is known behavior for the Web SDK that is inherited from the Web Client. Essentially, the breakout room is treated as a new meeting. If you would like to see this changed in the future, I recommend submitting or voting on a feature request from the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

Sure will post it to feature request.

Any idea about the issue with some users not able to talk while they could hear others?

Hey @PMTech,

My apologies for missing that. Do you know what browser those users were on? I’m thinking this may be related to an outdated browser or related to how Safari operates.

Thanks,
Max

(post deleted by author)

As mentioned above

• Device: Windows, MacOS
  • Browser:Chrome
  • Browser Version: Version 94.0.4606.81

Hey @PMTech,

In that case, no I’m not sure why that would happen. First I would make sure that you’ve followed our guide on Improving Web SDK Performance.

If you continue to see the issue after that, consider submitting a ticket through our Developer Support Center and include a link to this thread as well as a relevant meeting ID.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.