Audio problems with Web SDK

We had our first webinar today using web sdk and our clients complained that the audio is bad and it’s breaking.

Please check why is this happening. We invested a lot to implement web sdk into our platform and it was OK during testing but now that a few 100 people joined clients had issues hearing the presentation.

There was no video feed only a screen share of a presentation and the audio.

Web SDK 1.8.5 (CDN)

Thanks

Hi @jwayne,

I’d firstly recommend upgrading to the latest SDK, version 1.9.0.

This version contained lots of new features and big fixes, including fixes to the audio.

Thanks,
Alex

1 Like

Thanks, I will upgrade, hopefully, it will fix the audio issues

@jwayne,

Let us know if you continue to have issues after upgrading!

Thanks,
Will

I’m having an issue where Zoom (at the server, apparently) aggressively auto-mutes one participant whenever they’re in a meeting, but nobody else. The slightest rustle of sound from another participant overrides (and mutes) this one participant’s audio for several seconds, effectively killing the one participant’s ability to participate in conversations. I can see no explanation for it. They’re using iOS devices on Wi-Fi at home, in a quiet environment. Interestingly, when they travel to someone else’s home, they do not seem to be subjected to this behavior on the same iOS devices.

I’m wondering if I can address this by writing a custom client, but before I dig into the SDK I’m wondering if this is a known issue and if there’s another workaround. Thanks!

Hey @stokestack,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Just to confirm, you’re seeing this issue when using the Zoom desktop Client, is that correct? If so, I recommend reaching out to our Customer Support Team as they’ll be able to assist directly. However, as this doesn’t happen on a different network, it sounds like they may have bandwidth or latency issues on their network.

You can also try disabling background noise supression or enabling the option to preserve original sound. Further, typically the SDK will have the same behavior as the Zoom Web Client so you may want to test with that first.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks, Max!

The meeting participants use a variety of platforms. The participant in question, however, always uses iOS devices (on Wi-Fi). Their Internet service is bad (AT&T), but I’m curious as to why that would produce aggressive audio squelching simply because other participants make a noise.

I’ll take it up with support. Thanks for the reference!

EDIT: Well, I guess I won’t take it up with support:

Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your open tickets at this time. We encourage you to leverage our Online Resources.

Hey @stokestack,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Thank you for bringing that issue to my attention. It looks like our Customer Support is working at a limited capacity due to the severe winter weather we’re seeing in some parts of the US. I expect that they will be able to respond to your ticket shortly.

Does it allow you to submit a new ticket that they can address soon or is that the message you get when attempting to submit a ticket to them?

Thanks,
Max

It lets you submit one, then instantly sends you that response in an E-mail.

If they’re not ever going to address it, they shouldn’t be wasting people’s time by letting them fill out the form. I can’t find the response E-mail at the moment, so I can’t re-examine its phrasing.

Hey @stokestack,

Thank you for the update. I’m sorry for the frustration this has caused. They will respond to you when they are able to so I don’t think you’ve wasted your time.

I recommend keeping an eye on the support notification banner to confirm when the issues relating to severe winter weather are over. Soon after that, you should get a response to your inquiry.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks, Max! And now I’m going to type more characters because my last reply was rejected for being too short.

2 Likes

Hey @stokestack,

I’m glad I was able to help! Feel free to reach out if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.