Authorization of zoom on our app

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
We are trying to submit our app form review but hitting a roadblock, testing the app with our production credentials on an ngrok server locally works perfectly but immediately we change up to our server, nothing works again.
Switching back to ngrok server locally and it works perfectly

Error
App not authorizating(since authorization is the first process) in production but working on local ngrok server

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Hey @ppo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. What errors are you seeing when you attempt to use your app outside of Ngrok? My understanding is that you aren’t able to authorize the app, can you share a screenshot of the error?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

I’m not getting any errors, just a server error that “something went wrong” when using our production url and when I switch back to ngrok it works perfectly.

Hey @ppo,

Thank you for clarifying. So in other words, the OAuth Redirect URL that you have set is returning a 500 status, is that right? If so, are you able to see any server logs that would provide more information on the error?

Thanks,
Max

I finally realised my error, I wasn’t adding the zoom_client_id to my production environment.

Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Glad you figured it out, @ppo!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.