Authorize app to create new Zoom meeting

I’m trying to create an application that will generate a Zoom meeting at a scheduled time if the User clicks “okay”. The meeting will be over Zoom, not within the application – this is not an application that integrates Zoom, it just creates a Zoom meeting if the user clicks okay. The meeting generation, time and all other options are filled out on the server.

What sort of authentication do I need? Is this oauth? JWT?

Thanks!

Hi @mip2115, the main question will be whether the application user will be exclusively on your zoom account, our whether your users will authorize their Zoom accounts.

JWT will let you make API calls for users on your account.

OAuth will allow users outside of your account to install & authorize your app to make requests on their behalf. Let us know if you need any clarity here :slight_smile:

Thanks for getting back to me.

I want to be able to locally test my code with Zoom’s API’s but I seem to be having to fill out a LOT of information to publish my application on the Zoom marketplace, which I don’t want to do at the moment. All I want to do is test if my code can generate meetings using Zoom’s API. It seems that before I can do this I need to have give Zoom a domain name for verification but I haven’t purchased a domain name yet.

Is there a way to test my code without having to fill out all of this information?

Thanks,

Matt.

Hey @mip2115, absolutely! You can create a private OAuth app, or create an app that you intend to publish, but wait until you’re finished testing to publish it. You can put in placeholders for the required fields until it’s ready to go live for review.