Create new ZOOM meeting in a web app

Hi Gurus,
I have a very basic question. I have a javascript program in which, I plan to call ZOOM API to create ZOOM meeting. Therefore i need to generate token by using client id and client secret.

It is a bit doesn’t make sense for me to create an ZOOM app to get the client id and client secret. coz. i do not have a domain and I do not intend to publish any kind of ZOOM authentication app to anyone. I just want to create ZOOM meeting via API in my javascript program by using my user registered.

Can i know if there is a way?

Regards,

Hi @alex.xizhi.xue,

If you will just be hitting our APIs from within your own Zoom account, you can use a JWT app instead of OAuth. You can use JWT credentials to authenticate requests to our API.

To generate API credentials using a JWT app, you can follow the steps here to create a JWT app, which will provide you with an API key and secret:

Let me know if this helps,
Will

cheers Will. i will try it later

1 Like

Hey @alex.xizhi.xue,

I’m glad to hear that @will.zoom resolved your issues! If you encounter any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.