Authret_keyorsecretwrong

Description

• Authentication error AUTHRET_KEYORSECRETWRONG while returning from onSDKAuthed method in Demo Application.
  • Generated the JWT token from https://jwt.io as described on the doc.
  • using the key and secret from the SDK tile of Zoom Marketplace and not the JWT tile.
  • Have also tried on Qt application with MSVC. Same results

Which Desktop Client SDK version?
v5.5.12511.0422

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Getting the error on the demo project itself

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Dell Desktop with Intel i3-4130

Additional context

Hey @rajeevk,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

This is likely do to some error in the JWT payload. Can you check out this tutorial and see if it helps? “auth sdk failed” when running zoom sdk demo - #7 by Michael_Condon

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon
Thank you for your prompt help.
I am confused now. I followed the steps you mentioned and for once the error was LastErrorType_Meeting. Restarted the app and now with the same token, each time it is showing the previous error LastErrorType_Auth (i.e. AUTHRET_KEYORSECRETWRONG) again.
I have re-generated the sdk secret and changed the iat in payload too. Unfortunately nothing worked.

Hey @rajeevk,

Interesting. Can you try providing your key and secret to the SDK instead of a JWT? To do this change the AuthContext object to an AuthParam object and hardcode your key and secret before authing. Please note, this should NEVER be done in production. This is only for troubleshooting purposes.

ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::AuthParam param;
param.appKey = L"Your key";
param.appSecret = L"Your secret";
if (ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::SDKERR_SUCCESS != m_AuthSDKWorkFlow.Auth(param)) …

Thanks!
Michael

Hi,
I tried changing AuthContext object to AuthParam object. Now it’s failing with “auth sdk failed” message (SDKERR_INTELNAL_ERROR).
I have uploaded the logs here.
All cases are covered in these logs. ie. LastErrorType_Meeting then LastErrorType_Auth and finally SDKERR_INTELNAL_ERROR. Please Help.

Hey @rajeevk,

Have you set the domain and initialized the SDK before calling auth?

Thanks!
Michael

Yes. Domain being selected as https://zoom.us and SDK is also initialized.
Actually I haven’t changed anything on the Demo application. Did you get anything from the logs?

Hey @rajeevk,

Not yet, can you also attach the “last log file” file.

Thanks!
Michael

Attached the last log file too. Let me know if you can find what we are missing.

Thanks,

Thanks @rajeevk, I will let you know what we find.

Michael

Hi Michael,
You got anything from the logs? We are still stuck with this issue.

Regards,

Hey @rajeevk,

The logs indicate that you passed your key into the JWT field. You need to change AuthContext to AuthParam and pass in your key and secret.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,
One of the logs had AuthParam insted of AuthContext. I am attaching a fresh log again. Please have a look and let us know.

Hey @rajeevk,

Will do, thanks.

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.