Automatic Download of Cloud Recordings with Webhook Events

This is a simple app that demonstrates how to use the Zoom recording.completed event to automatically download all cloud recordings for an account.

Built using Node.js + Express. Check out the repository on GitHub if interested.

2 Likes

@will.hughes Thanks for sharing that.

Here is a session also regarding that → Zoom Recording Downloader Bot.

Thanks.

Super great post @will.hughes! Thank you for showcasing this workflow!

Thanks for sharing this. I appreciate that you are helping us.

1. Event Subscription: To capture the recording.completed event, you’ll need to set up an event subscription with Zoom. This involves configuring a webhook endpoint that Zoom can send event notifications to when a recording is completed.
  2. Webhook Handling: In your app, you’ll need a webhook handler that receives and processes the incoming events from Zoom. Make sure your handler can properly parse the event payload to extract relevant information about the completed recording.
  3. Authentication: Ensure your app is properly authenticated with the Zoom API. You may need to use OAuth 2.0 or API Key/Secret for authentication, depending on your app’s architecture.
  4. Download Process: When you receive a recording.completed event, trigger the download process for the associated recording file. You might use the Zoom API to retrieve the recording details and initiate the download.
  5. Storage: Decide where you want to store these downloaded recordings. You could save them on a local server, cloud storage (like AWS S3), or any other storage solution that suits your application’s needs.
  6. Error Handling: Implement robust error handling in case downloading or processing recordings fails. Log errors, retry downloads when appropriate, and provide notifications if something goes wrong.
  7. Scalability: Consider the scalability of your app, especially if it needs to handle a large number of recordings. Make sure your architecture can handle increased load gracefully.
  8. Security: Ensure the security of the recordings and user data. Use secure connections, proper access controls, and encryption where necessary to protect sensitive information.
  9. User Interface: If this app is intended for end-users, consider building a user-friendly interface that allows users to configure settings, monitor download progress, and manage their recordings.
  10. Documentation: Provide clear and comprehensive documentation for your app. This includes setup instructions, usage guides, and troubleshooting tips for users.
  11. Testing: Thoroughly test your app in different scenarios to ensure it works reliably. Test it with various recording types (e.g., meetings, webinars) and different user accounts.
  12. Compliance: Ensure that your app complies with Zoom’s terms of service and data protection regulations, especially if it involves handling personal or sensitive data.
  13. Updates and Maintenance: Be prepared to maintain and update your app as Zoom’s APIs or policies change. Regularly check for updates and apply necessary changes to keep your app functional.

By considering these aspects and following best practices, you can create a robust and reliable app that automates the downloading of Zoom cloud recordings effectively.

I want to integrate my zoom api for my website blog post related to crave nasi lemak because I want to show my menus and restaurant to my visitors online.