Recording Completed Webhook and Event Notification Receiver

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Webhook Event type: Recording:All Recordings Have Completed

Description
I’m trying to set up an app that will allow me to receive webhooks for completed recordings and fetch the recording data at a user level instead of an admin level.

When I configure the new app event subscriptions the only relevant event I seem to find for my use-case is the “All Recordings Have Completed” event. I’m also presented with an “Event notification receiver setting” with an “Only users added this app” option which reads like I can restrict this behavior to the user-level.

However adding this event automatically selects the “cloud_recording:read:recording:admin” scope indicating to me that this is still relying on admin user permissions to set this up.

My two questions are

1. How does this “Only users added this app” config option impact the “All Recordings Have Completed” webhook?
  2. Is there any other way of accomplishing my goal? From the docs it seems like the recording completed webhooks are completely dependent on admin access.

bumping this for the visibility.

Hi @joshua.sullivan

If you create an admin-level app and it is installed by an admin, it will send webhooks for your entire account, even if the “Only users added this app” option is selected.

To receive events for specific users, please change your app type to a user-managed app and have the users you want to receive events for authorize the app.