Bad Audio & Video Sharing without Audio

Hi, I’ve been Integrate the ZOOM updated version (1.7.10) with our web-based application during meetings we are facing the following issues.
1- While sharing video it’s not sharing Audio to participants.
2- Audio echo and bad audio quality issues appear.
3- While sharing any Content like PPT and other stuff Host Audio not delivered properly.
4- for any reason Host disconnect from meeting any join meeting again previous host still connected in meeting as host it’s not removing.

I’m using Meeting Id ->

@tommy do we have any solution about bad audio and Sharing Vode screen with Audio

Hey @rizwananwerfancy,

Our Web SDK team is working through these issues.

Please stay updated here in this thread:

Thanks,
Tommy

i’m using updated version of Web SDK which (1.7.10).
what about sharing video with participants but Audio not delivered ?
While sharing screen microphone audio not delivered properly.

Hey @rizwananwerfancy,

We are aware of the audio screenshare issue and working to fix it. (CS-2018)

Thanks,
Tommy

hi Tommy,

I see this is not in the short term road map of the Zoom Developer Roadmap on the Trello board, can we get an idea of the priority / timeline to fix this?

Hey @developer-whova,

The trello board is more for features. We are actively working to fix the audio bug.

I will keep this thread updated on the development process.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, recently we are facing some new issues when the host disconnect from the meeting due to some internet or any other issue than Participant make as host and again Host join meeting he is not able to control conference due to participant rights. it was working fine from the last

Hey @rizwananwerfancy,

Please create a new topic for this issue since it is unrelated to the original post. Be sure to fill out the post template so we have enough information to assist. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Any updates on this issue? I have been having issues with participants receiving audio channel while I’m sharing videos. In some cases, it seems to lose quality and try to prioritize the vocal track over the music track, and sometimes prioritize music track over the vocal track (making the vocal track sound very muffled to participants).

Hey @claytonbcollins,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. We don’t have any new information to share in regard to an ETA on the fix for this just yet. I can assure you that our engineering team is actively looking into this issue.

What version of the Web SDK are you using when encountering this issue?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max, I know it’s been a while since you wrote this last message, but we are experiencing the same issue. We use meeting sdk version 2.18.2. Can you please assist?