Best way to Identify Users

I’m trying to find the best way to identify a user with a particular email address is a member of the account integrated with my app and then verify if they have access to create webinars. Currently I use the /v2/users/email?email= endpoint to verify the user is a member of the account then v2/users/${email}/settings to verify access. I’m running into a problem where /v2/users/email?email= , for some reason, depends on the users provisioning method and does not work if they are provisioned using sso, Google, Facebook, etc. What is the best alternative to first check if a user is a member of the associated account while supplying only an email address? Would it be the get users (/users/{userId}) endpoint using email in place of userId? Or is the same provisioning restriction in place?

Hey @michael3,

Try using the Get User endpoint passing in their email.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy. Are there any plans to change the /users/email endpoint in the future? It seems like my use case is exactly why it was created and the provisioning caveat feels a lot more like a bug than it does an intention.

Hey @michael3,

Would you like to request a change to the endpoint? If so, submit a feature request here: #feature-requests

Another possible solution is to use the List Users API and filter through to find the user you are looking for.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.