Black screen when using ZoomView with preview

I am utilizing the preview prop on the ZoomView and the preview is black after its first render.

I have a WaitingRoom component that renders a ZoomView with a preview. On the first render the preview works perfectly. However if I join a call and go back to the waiting room or exit the waiting room, when I return to the WaitingRoom the ZoomView is black. Is there some sort of cleanup that I need to do when leaving a ZoomView with a preview? None of the examples provided by Zoom have previews enabled.

Hey @majorly, are you using the latest version of the React Native SDK?

I tried to reproduce with v1.11.0 and don’t observe this behaviour. After obtaining a userId by joining a session, I’m able to toggle between rendering two videoViews with and without the preview prop.

Can you share steps to reproduce?

Hey @ekaansh.zoom I am using the preview prop prior to joining a session so I can verify that my camera works and allow the user to set themselves up for the call. When Im in a session the ZoomView works fine.

1. Open a ZoomView using the preview prop outside of a session. (Do I need a userId when rendering a preview? Im not in a session and I only get the userId once Ive requested a token and joined a session.)
<ZoomView
  preview={true}
  style={{ flex: 1 }}
  fullScreen={true}
/>
  1. Join a session.
  2. Leave a session.
  3. Open preview again

The ZoomView used for a preview is black, I need to hard refresh my app in order for this to be viewable again. There’s no docs on this use-case so Im not sure if Im using it correctly at all.

Hey @majorly, I see what you mean sorry about that.
I’m able to reproduce, let me get this checked and get back to you.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.