Bluestacks : Graphics settings need to be adjusted

This is not a bug, just a help request.

Im building an Zoom plugin for Flutter. Some my users need to use app with this plugin on Bluestacks.

If end user know to go in Bluestacks’s Setting and change Graphics Settings like these :

• Graphics engine mode : Compatibility (Advanced mode)
  • Graphics renderer : OpenGL
    then every things play well. If not, just black screen in video meeting.

I found that, Zoom App run on Bluestacks will ask to change to right settings (auto change) when run.

So, how can I add that to my plugin/app ?

Hi @shpy2001,

Unfortunately, since the SDK does not support Flutter, we are unable to assist with this. If you were able to reproduce with an equivalent error in a native Android app, we would be able to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,
Thank for your support.
Flutter plugin just simply add Android SDK and iOS SDK at same time for build Android and iOS app.

By the way, with Android app only (or use Zoom SDK sample app ) , there is no function like that. So, what can i do to have function like describe above ?

Hi @shpy2001,

When you say “there is no function like that”, what specifically are you referring to? Are you able to run the SDK sample app using a Bluestacks emulator?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,
SDK sample app can run very well on Blustacks emulator with Graphics settings engine mode Compatibility and renderer OpenGL. If not, video screen will be black.

And “function like that” , i mean: with Zoom app on Bluestacks, when run, if graphics settings are not at right setting as above , there is an popup dialog to ask for restart (image in #1 post) . Bluestacks show that popup when it detect Zoom app require graphics setting difference with current.

I has tried some attributes in AndroidManifest.xml extract from Zoom apk but not luck.

Hi @shpy2001,

Apologies, I’m not sure what the issue is here, exactly. If you are able to run the app without issues after modifying the emulator’s settings, modifying the emulator’s settings appears to be the solution, no? Please let me know if I am overlooking anything. :slightly_smiling_face:

I has tried some attributes in AndroidManifest.xml extract from Zoom apk but not luck.

You definitely will not be able to modify the files internal to the SDK. What exactly are you looking to modify?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom , I had said this is not a bug.
I want to know how Zoom app can config (in AndroidManifest.xml or somewhere) to let emulator (Bluestasts device) detect which graphics settings are required. So, if user who dont know to change to right settings, when run Zoom app, Bluestacts will prompt.

Hi @shpy2001,

We do not have any recommendations specific to this emulator.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.