Breakout rooms API

+1 for zoom breakout rooms.

The current API is completely useless.

+1 for breakout rooms API.

Question: Has anyone tried working around the lack of a breakout rooms API by generating unique meetings for each “breakout room”?

Breakout room handle the transfers of participants back and forth the main room and the breakout room pretty seamlessly. Is there an equivalent for transferring a participant between meetings?

For example:
Meeting A

• Breakout Room 1
  • Breakout Room 2
  • Breakout Room 3
    Participants move between Meeting A and the Breakout Rooms 1,2,3

vs:

• Meeting A
  • Meeting 1
  • Meeting 2
  • Meeting 3
    Participants move between the meeting rooms.

No, but QiqoChat have some features to limit the pain and help people move themselves.

Adding to the chorus of requests for robust API access to Breakout rooms.

My use case:

I have a regularly scheduled meeting and invite different groups to attend the meeting.
I want to be able to quickly populate breakout rooms with people from within the same groups, with multiple breakout rooms within groups (Let’s say a meeting has 3 groups of 20 people each. During a breakout session, I want to have 5 breakout rooms of 4 ppl each, per group)

The Meetings and App SDK’s both require a Zoom account, and I don’t want to require a Zoom account to attend/participate in a meeting.

I do have my own account/profile database of users that I want to use to programmatically assign to breakout rooms.

My breakout room assignments are also based on the people who actually attend the call.

Any update for this feature request? We really need this. Please put this request into the timeline.
+1000 for the Breakout rooms API.

Note that the Zoom Apps SDK allows control of breakout rooms. This is one way to automate control of breakout rooms:

John

1 Like