Breakout rooms broken macOS SDK

Hello

Working in macOS latest SDK the breakout rooms functions don’t appear to work as expected, also the standard UI doesn’t appear to function correctly.

To replicate:

• start a meeting with SDK user not host

• make SDK user host

• create a breakout room through standard UI (manually)

• Call “getBOMeetingDataHelp] getBOMeetingIDList”
    - You expect to get an array with one element, but instead you get an empty array

• Call “getBOMeetingCreator] createBOWithBOName:newName]”

• Call “getBOMeetingDataHelp] getBOMeetingIDList”
    - You expect to get an array with two elements, instead you get an array with one element
    - In UI (breakout room window) you still only see the original - manually created breakout room, but in the second client’s breakout window you see both

So it seems that somehow the newBOController is not properly syncing with the underlying data

I am seeing the same issue using a custom UI. One other detail I’ve found is that the id returned from createBO is an empty string when the method fails.

Hi @richard1 and @tysontune, thank you both for the info about unexpected behavior around breakout rooms.

It seems that there are quite a few issues with the breakout rooms feature in the latest release. We will have to investigate this feature as a whole in order to see what else we can dig up. I will be sure to let you know once we have an update, but don’t hesitate to post here if either of you discover any additional issues around this feature!

Thanks!

@jon.zoom this will be next problem I’m going to report. At the moment the situation is that with every release some other BASIC feature is broken. This SDK is useless if zoom cannot assure a certain level of quality!

If possible it would be great if the zoom team could instigate a process whereby the new versions are released as betas a week or so before the final release - this could be to a smaller group of users but would allow some of these issues to be picked up before the release and hopefully fixed more quickly. Currently it seems to take a month or two to get some pretty major bugs resolved so anything we can do to asisst speeding this up would be great.

Our product is all about automating zoom (via OSC) so we have some systems in place to easily test all features so it would be quite quick for us to drop the new SDK in each time and run through to see that everything works as expected.

Hi @tmiskiew and @richard1,

his will be next problem I’m going to report. At the moment the situation is that with every release some other BASIC feature is broken. This SDK is useless if zoom cannot assure a certain level of quality!

We totally understand and empathize with your frustration on this. In fact, we are discussing methods of better tracking stability of our releases and identifying areas of improvement. Rest assured that your concerns with the SDK are being heard and we are actively working on improving the developer experience.

If you have not already, filling out our recently announced SDK survey would be a great way to confirm that we are properly understanding where you think our SDK needs to improve.

If possible it would be great if the zoom team could instigate a process whereby the new versions are released as betas a week or so before the final release

That could be a great idea! I can’t make any promises on whether or not we will be able to make this happen, but I would be happy to get some conversations started internally to look into whether or not an SDK beta program would be possible for select developers.

Thanks!

Hi, all,

Thank you @tysontune, @tmiskiew, and @richard1 for bringing these items up.

Just want to chime in here and echo what Jon has already said. Please accept my humble apologies. We strive to create great developer products and we know we can do better with SDKs. But rest assured, we are invested in making sure we do better in the future.

From hiring the right people to making sure the tools are in place to ensure successful releases. These conversations are happening at the highest levels in our org.

We’re invested in SDK and are taking the right steps to make sure we can provide releases that delight you instead of igniting you.

I’d like to start by asking if you all would be interested in a round table with myself (and potentially other leaders on the team). A feedback session focusing on positive growth and feedback to make us better. We’d love to get the opportunity to talk with you and see which areas of improvement would provide the most impact to you. Please let me know in the Poll below.

Would you like to be a part of a SDK Developer Round Table
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters