Broadcast of mirror image

Phil; if you don’t mind… What do you need to set up the ‘lightwall’? I’ve been recording lectures on zoom and tried Prezi Video - but, ultimately, the ‘best’ lectures I’ve seen have included this ‘lightwall’ concept. The only things I’ve found on the web are lighted adverts for trade shows… sigh… Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Is this something that was ever developed? I’m having major issues with teachers trying to write on boards and students not being able to read it.

1 Like

Has there been any addition for this feature? I really would love to use my light screen in my zoom classes

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like it. I’m here for this too. :frowning:

1 Like

SplitCam is free and it should do the trick

1 Like

Came here because I need this too. Please prioritize in your pipeline

2 Likes

man, i also need that! i’ve been trying to get my broadcast since quarentine… that tool should me help a lot. I would be keen to re-start my dance group studies with my friends. please, you should prioritize in your pipeline!

1 Like

Has anyone had any luck? When I try to set up a laptop to record my whiteboard, everything is backwards for the kids at home, and we have to have Zoom for the kids that were able to log on for class. We have to record our lessons, so I need Zoom on my laptop, not on my phone or tablet (which it would be lovely if they could record!!). Everything I write is backwards for them, not me, them. No settings that I can see will fix this.

2 Likes

Why haven’t you added this feature request yet? It’s such a no-brainer!

You already have a checkbox that says “mirror my video.” Just add another twirl down list under that that says “for me only,” and “for all viewers.”

If you’re using and ACTUAL mirror, for example one mounted in front of your camera pointing down at a whiteboard on top of your keyboard, you do need your viewers to see everything mirrored. Hundreds of thousands of students are using ZOOM. Don’t you think this would benefit them, and in turn, benefit you?

3 Likes

Please add this feature ASAP. It looks like people started suggesting it nearly 3 years ago. I am a teacher and I desperately need this for my students learning virtually. I have been 3d printing camera mirrors for my students, but they are useless if there is no way to flip their image that is broadcast to the teacher.

2 Likes

i did! months ago! no changes!

its such a no brainer, why wont they add it?!

I have submitted my request to Zoom feed and other places but Zoom is not listening. Please add the simple flipping image feature (not mirror). Many teachers around the world have started to use Lightboards in their live online classes. I had to pay $10 to iVCam for this simple feature.
Thanks,
Peyman

Hey Phil, we will be soon releasing this feature in https://meet.cam - a free virtual camera tool we’ve just released!

hi! is the feature out yet? couldnt find it on the website!

Thanks for asking, yeah, we’re still around a week or so from shipping it!

-Z

hi everyone,
a solution that worked for me is that i downloaded snapcam and used a filter that mirrors the camera.
im pretty sure it works with any other software aswell but snapcam is free and doesnt add a watermark on the video
glad im helping!
adan

@x-dance It’s released! Now you can mirror the video you’re sending out while all our widgets remain displayed correctly. Check for Meet Cam updates, or get it at https://meet.cam/ :slight_smile:

Is this going to be released on windows?

Kind regards,

Hello Team,
Do we have an update on the next release where the feature under discussion will be added?
Am sure almost all the zoom hosts are waiting for this.
Also if someone could suggest a workaround app for Android & Iphones to deal with the issue in current situation, will be of great help.

Thanks