BUG downloading cloud recordings with access token set results in an invalid response

Hey @amritanshu.amrit,

Can you share the code snippet you are using to download the recording?

Also which recording file type are you trying to download?

The cause of this happening 1 out of 10 times may be due to your JWT Token expiring.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

The file types I’m downloading are video, audio and chat file. I’m using php. This is the code:

$options = array(
		CURLOPT_FILE    => fopen('file_path', 'w'), 
		CURLOPT_TIMEOUT =>  5000, 
		CURLOPT_URL     => $url . '?access_token=' . $this->generateJWT($key,$secret),
		CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION => true,
		CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE=> "",
		CURLOPT_AUTOREFERER => 1
		);

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt_array($ch, $options);
		curl_exec($ch);
		curl_close($ch);

One more thing I noticed is that in these cases, the audio (m4a) file always gets downloaded successfully but one or both of the video (mp4) and chat (txt) files fail to download. This is always the case in about 1 in 10 meetings.

Hey @amritanshu.amrit,

Can you send the meeting ID and download URL that aren’t working for you (as well as a link to this thread) to developersupport@zoom.us? This will help us to take a closer look.

Thanks!
Will

Hi Will. This is my personal account. Should I send the mail from the official account where problems are happening or is this fine?

@amritanshu.amrit,

Please send this email from the account where you’re experiencing the issue, if possible.

Thanks!
Will

I experienced with one file today. Please check

Hey @kalyan,

Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include the following information:

1. The error that you encountered
  2. The URL that you used to download the cloud recording
  3. The access_token that you used.

I’ll use that information to look into this issue further.

Thanks,
Max