Bug? Max Length Password on Recurring Meetings with No Fixed Time (v2)

When setting a 10 Character Password on a Recurring Meeting with No Fixed Time, I get a 400 Bad Request.

When setting a 5 Character Password on a Recurring Meeting the meeting is created as expected.

Documentation states password has 1 validation with a max length of 10 characters. Not a huge deal since it works if you use less characters, but the documentation appears to be wrong, or possibly this is a bug?

1 Like

Hey @sales1, are you still seeing this issue?

@shrijana.g, can you check if the docs are wrong?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @sales1,

Could you check if password requirements have been set by the account owner/admin for that account? If that is the case, the password must follow those requirements. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033559832-Meeting-and-webinar-passwords

Thanks,
Shrijana

@Shrijana nothing I see on that page would cause this specific behaviour such that a 10 digit numeric password would error but a 5 digit numeric password would succeed with that being the only difference between the two requests, regardless we have no specific password requirements set. Did you have a chance to review the Create Meeting documentation to determine if the documentation is accurate? Is it possible someone left an = off of a validation condition in the backend?

@Tommy I should be able to test this again later today

@sales1 Hi, could you provide me the meeting id where you encountered this issue via message so I can investigate further? Thank you.

@shrijana.g That won’t be possible because the meeting was not created due to the specified 400 Bad Request response. All of our currently created meetings are being created successfully with a password less than 10 characters long.

I was originally testing using the max password length for some added security, but we’re coming in a bit under currently to account for any volatility in the length restriction.

1 Like

Hey @sales1,

Can you share your request body so I can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy