Bug: Web SDK trims shared screen if multiple screens of different sizes shared during same meeting

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Start a meeting using a native Zoom client, such as the macOS client.
  2. Join the meeting as an attendee using the Web SDK sample app at https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web .
  3. Create a browser tab with some content that will be screen-shared. Size the tab to be wide, so that its width is greater than its height.
  4. Using the Web SDK, press Share Screen, and select the browser tab you just created for sharing.
  5. The browser tab’s contents are correctly shared to the native Zoom client. See screenshot below:

1. Using the Web SDK, press Stop Share.
  2. Resize the browser tab that was shared to be tall, with its height greater than its width.
  3. Using the Web SDK, press Share Screen, and select the same browser tab as before.
  4. The bottom part of the shared browser tab is cut off when received by the native Zoom client. See screenshot below:

Additional context
Investigation suggests this kind of problem happens whenever attempting to share the screen multiple times during the same meeting using the Web SDK, when the shared area changes in size between shares. The first share by the Web SDK always works correctly, but subsequent shares only work if the shared region is the same size as the first-shared region.

Hey @david.foster,

Thanks for the detailed bug report. I will pass this on to our Web SDK engineers to investigate and fix. (CS-1704) :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi @tommy , do you know whether the Web SDK engineers have had a change to look at this bug and prioritize it? Do you have any kind of estimate available on when this bug would be investigated/fixed?

This particular bug related to screen sharing is considered a showstopper by the business folks on my end that would prevent us from using Zoom as our meeting provider, since screen sharing (and video) is particularly important for our use case.

Hey @david.foster,

I will request this be prioritized however, currently prioritizing developing additional security features for the Web SDK like authentication profiles and registration.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for being willing to advocate for prioritization tommy. :confetti_ball:

I may know more about this trimming behavior in the next day or two, since I’m trying to workaround it. Will post if I learn more.

1 Like

Sounds good @david.foster!

I will keep you updated on the issue!

-Tommy

My work on Zoom integration has been suspended, so we are no longer waiting on a fix for this bug.

Thanks for all your help @tommy , across multiple threads.

1 Like

Hey @david.foster,

Sorry to hear your Zoom integration work has been suspended.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you, or when your Zoom integration work resumes. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy