Web sdk 1.8.0 shared screen stretched

After updating to Web SDK 1.8.0 shared screen is stretched vertically . Tried both view options - fit to window and original size doesn’t fix the issue.
This issue is only in version 1.8.0. Share screen works fine in 1.7.10.

!

1 Like

Hey @arvindshokal20895

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

This doesn’t solve the issue and is unrelated.

Hey @arvindshokal20895,

Have you customized any of the CSS for the web sdk? It’s possible that this could be overriding the default responsiveness.

In order to take a closer look, can you share your implementation/code here?

Thanks!
Will

Hello
I have put our code on private github repo. Please provide your github username so i can share repo.
We haven’t used any custom css.

I will explain a little about our project

• main code is in file App.js
  • Our basic need was to hide meeting ID and password from users and restrict from sharing the link further
  • For above we used following steps
  1. send base64 encoded params in url ( params - meetingId, meetingPwd and some other required data)
  2. save params in localstorage, remove params from url and change url
  3. use localstorage date and get api key and signature using GET request
  4. Now we show a button to join meeting

For any more information please let me know.

Thanks
Arvind Shokal

Thanks @arvindshokal20895 — I just DM’d you.

Best,
Will

I have the same issue

You can see that something that should be a circle is squeezed into an ellipse and the video is not centered properly.

I made sure that I’ve updated to the latest version and cleared all the overrides or customizations and the result is as can be seen in the picture.

The screen is shared by the host and the WebSDK client is just a receiver of the shared video.
Every other feature including camera video is displayed properly without any distortions

Hey @jerzy,

We’re looking into this (ZOOM-202358).

It looks like your screenshot reflects someone sharing their desktop, and not just a particular app —can you confirm?

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

Yes, this is a shared screen on Windows.

Hey @jerzy,

Thanks for confirming. Our team is looking into this. (CS-2451)

Best,
Will

@will.zoom Any update on this issue ?

Hey @arvindshokal20895,

We do not have an update for you yet, but we will share one with you as soon as we can.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.