Bulk migration from Miro

With many users likely to be migrating from Miro, I think the migration experience is becoming increasingly important.

At the moment, however, the process does not seem particularly well suited to large-scale migrations, especially when a user needs to transfer hundreds of boards.

In my case, I have a large collection of Miro boards that I would like to migrate to Zoom Whiteboard while preserving their content and structure as faithfully as possible. Doing this board by board is quite time-consuming, and the available migration workflow does not appear to provide an efficient way to handle hundreds of boards in bulk.

Is there currently an API, developer workflow, or other supported method for automating or streamlining bulk migration from Miro to Zoom Whiteboard?

If not, I would love to see Zoom introduce a more effective bulk-migration solution. I think this could be particularly valuable as more Miro users consider moving their existing board libraries to Zoom Whiteboard.

Hi @Alexei_nmodel, thanks for raising this, and we’re glad to hear you’re looking to migrate your boards to Zoom Whiteboard.

You’re right that the experience becomes challenging when moving hundreds of boards. Unfortunately, we are currently limited by the APIs that Miro provides. Miro does not offer an easy way to bulk export boards, and while boards can be exported as PDFs, their API only supports exporting content within frames.

On our end, we’ve streamlined the import process as much as possible. We provide an API that lets you import multiple exported PDFs into Zoom Whiteboard in one step. Zoom Whiteboard API - API - Zoom Developer Docs

If you’re able to automate the export of your Miro boards as full page PDFs, you can then import those PDFs into Zoom Whiteboard in bulk.

Best,
Matt
Whiteboard Product Team