Camera and Microphone Permissions

Description
I am facing issue when joining meeting without login and allowing permissions. Loader continues loading, delegate calls ‘onJoinMeetingConfirmed’ but it does not navigate to meeting screen. Also, It asks for permissions after login but it does not ask for permission on join meeting.
Which iOS Meeting SDK version?
zoom-sdk-ios-5.7.6.1082

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join Meeting without Login
  2. Join meeting before permission access

Screenshots

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPhone 11

Additional context
I am unable to find the reason why its happening as I have already added these permissions into my info.plist:
NSCameraUsageDescription

To do calls, take pictures and record video

NSMicrophoneUsageDescription

To do calls & record audio

NSPhotoLibraryAddUsageDescription

ReTeam wants to use your photo library to upload photos/videos.

NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription

ReTeam wants to use your photo library to upload photos/videos.

Hi @rabia,

It sounds like there is an issue preventing you from joining the meeting, since the meeting UI never shows up. Are you seeing any errors?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I am not seeing any error. In fact first it calls the delegate onMeetingStateChange with state ‘connecting’ and then it calls onJoinMeetingConfirmed. When I check state in this function it returns 1. And then it shows never ending waiting status. I am attaching screenshots here. You can have a look on this.

I am sure this issue is just because I am joining meeting without login. When I join meeting after login, it works fine. Is there any restriction on this feature in iOS? Are there any permissions I need to allow?

Hi @rabia,

There should not be any differences in permissions the SDK requires based on whether or not the user is authenticated. Can you please provide the meeting status values you are receiving in the order they are received?

Thanks!

Meeting State returns 1 (Connecting) and then it calls onJoinMeetingConfirmed delegate. When I check current status in onJoinMeetingConfirmed, it again returns 1. Seems like its status is always connecting, does not proceed further. Also, it should not call onJoinMeetingConfirmed delegate when it does not join in actual.

Hi @rabia,

Are you only checking through the getMeetingState method, or is this coming from the onMeetingStateChange callback? It sounds like there may be an issue with getting the correct meeting state aligned with the SDK state, but I want to confirm how you are checking before making assumptions.

Thanks!

This is coming from onMeetingStateChange… First it calls onMeetingStateChange where I am checking the state and its returning 1. Then it calls OnJoinMeetingConfirmed and again I am checking state, it returns 1 again.

Hi @rabia,

Apologies, but I’m a little unsure if we’re saying the same thing based on how you are wording this. If you are actively querying the state, it sounds like you are using the getMeetingState method. The onMeetingStateChanged callback is invoked by the SDK, so it cannot be checked on-demand.

To be absolutely sure we’re on the same page, can you add a log statement inside of the onMeetingStateChanged callback and let me know every state you see in the order the SDK provides them? This does not include the onJoinMeetingConfirmed callback.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.