Can a chatbot create a meeting with meeting:write:admin and just the client_credentials grant type?

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
A chatbot granted the meeting:write:admin scope by an admin seems not to be able to create meetings without also executing the OAuth authorizationCode flow which requires a user present. The Create meeting API needs oauth2 - authorizationCode flow

Our use case is that our enterprise helpdesk support chatbot will create a meeting and then invite the user and an expert into the meeting. Ideally, we would like the meeting to be created by the chatbot with its own client credential flow and make the expert the host.

Is there no way for a chatbot to create a meeting at the application level? The information here is a bit ambiguous, particularly the line that only one access token is needed for all users seems to suggest that we should be able to use the chatbot token and act on behalf of all users etc.

Is there an alternate API with true application level permissions for create meeting?

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @gauraves,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Have you seen our guide on OAuth with Chatbots? You should be able to use that flow to make a request to the Create a Meeting API.

The first section of this guide is likely relevant here too:

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max. Yes, already reviewed that information. The question was if the chatbot token (client credential flow) can be used to Create a Meeting (instead of the OAuth token). The OAuth flow requires a user be present, while the chatbot token does not. Can the chatbot participate in an OAuth flow on its own account?

Hey @gauraves,

Thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately, we don’t have a single authorization flow that would allow you to make OAuth requests to our API. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.