Can I embed Zoom on my website through iFrame yet, or do I still need to use the Web SDK?

Description
I want to embed any Zoom live stream video; so that people with a meeting id can attend the meeting on my website (pretty much how YouTube embedded iFrame works). So I want to embed at least the following Zoom feature onto my website:

1. The ability to join and watch a live meeting.

And if possible:

1. Interact with the streaming, like using the camera, chat and play/pause.
  2. The ability to finally download the streamed video.

If it’s only possible through the SDK, could you please link me to a guide? And if there are any fees, could you please mention them?

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi @wael.mansour,

The Zoom Web Client is not intended to be iFramed. The supported way to embed Zoom Meetings/Webinars is to use our Web SDK and implement it in its entirety. Please see this thread for more details:

Thanks,
Will

This only answers a part of the question, could you please answer the rest of it? Namely:

Is implementing the ability to join and watch a live meeting, Interact with the streaming, like using the camera, chat and play/pause, the ability to finally download the streamed video, possible?

Is there any fees for using the SDK and implemeting the mentioned program? if so could you please give me an idea?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @wael.mansour,

Is implementing the ability to join and watch a live meeting, Interact with the streaming, like using the camera, chat and play/pause, the ability to finally download the streamed video, possible?

Using our Web SDK, users can:

• Join and watch a live meeting
  • Use the camera and chat

In regards to:

• Interacting with the streaming, you will not have access to the live video feed.
  • Play/pause, users will not be able to pause the live meeting
  • Download the video, users can do so after the fact if you record the meeting

To record a meeting, you will need to designate the meeting settings to automatically record to the cloud. Once the meeting ends, the recording will be processed and can be downloaded using the URL providing the response from our GET Cloud Recording endpoint.

Is there any fees for using the SDK and implemeting the mentioned program? if so could you please give me an idea?

While it’s free to develop with our SDKs, we recommend a Pro or higher plan if you will be hosting meetings. You can find our pricing details here:

I hope this helps!

Best,
Will

Yes please, can we get an iframe option. The Web SDK is impossible to set up - how is a standard user expected to set up the SDK?

The Web SDK is impossible to set up - how is a standard user expected to set up the SDK? What is the outlook for iframe in the future? Any timelines?

Hey @tklo,

We always working on expanding the flexibility and compatibility of our Web SDK—while we don’t support iFrame at the moment, I’m happy to share this feedback with my team. There are no solid timelines as of now for supporting this, but I can appreciate how it would be valuable.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.