Can I render all user videos?

Description
Currently, web sdk only show self view camera and active camera.
So on Full Customizable Web SDK, can we render all user videos?

Additional context
The below document said: Remote server will only push the active video stream. Current active video node id can be get with Stream.getActiveVideoId.

2 Likes

Hey @huybuidac,

Correct, this is the current functionality with the Custom Web SDK. We will release multiple stream functionality at some point in the future.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy,

1. I’m an entrepreneur and I would love to have access to the new SDK, but I can’t seem to even get a confirmation mail from the form you direct developers to sign up at. Can you please grant it to me?

2. As for the above answer - what does it mean that it only pushes the user’s video? will he still be able to open the Zoom app and see the rest of the participants? When will the multiple streams functionality is due to be released?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @tommy,

Seconding Mikron’s sentiment. Is there anyway to get expedited access to the customizable SDK?

Hey @Mikron, @hassan2,

Our ISV team is in the process of approving the applications to use the new SDK. :slight_smile: Thanks for your feedback about the confirmation email, I will pass this along to our team.

As for your question about the video streams, it only pushes one stream at a time, so user A can see you, and you can see user B. Also the Fully Customizable SDK cannot be accessed via the Zoom App, instead, it is a video as a service product. You can read more about it here:

“Sessions are not Zoom Meetings; instead, with no default user-interface, this SDK is designed to support unique video applications.”

Thanks,
Tommy

In other words, you only support a 1 on 1 sessions now?

Hey @Mikron,

That is correct!

-Tommy

I know Zoom has been putting a lot of efforts and probably working in full speed. Yet, we are passing the “winter window” soon in which many video apps are waiting to improve using your SDK.

We already have paying clients and moving to Zoom can be a great advantage, but it’s not happening since it looks like the SDK is not closed and ripe only for 1 on 1.

Do you have an ETA of a working available SDK with multiple participants?

1 Like

Hey @huybuidac,

I can tell you we are close to having Gallery View supported in the Web SDK. You can stay updated here for when we plan to release it:

Thanks,
Tommy

2 Likes

I’m chiming in here, as I am also curious about the SDK and its ability to support a custom gallery… Since Tommy is responsive, perhaps he can answer… Can a custom app developed with this SDK join a regular zoom meeting? To display “its participants”

@swiderskip I’ll jump in here in hope that it’ll save @tommy some time so he can answer to my SDK request I just mailed him :wink:

No, you’ll NOT be able to join a “regular Zoom meeting”. As Tommy said, the fully Customizable Web SDK has nothing to do with the regular Zoom as everybody uses it these days on a daily basis. The CWS (haha, I like it) is rather a drop-in replacement for uhm… okay, maybe I shouldn’t drop alternatives here. Say, it’s something to help you create your own Zoom white label solution.

What I don’t get yet is that I read the documentation in a way, that one should be able to pull a specific media stream and take care of the rendering.

1 Like

So you are saying that people won’t be able to join via my site, and another person from the zoom app itself?..

@Mikron
Unfortunately: yes

This seriously doesn’t make any sense. Zoom’s main advantage over different platforms is that users are used to use its software, and that it’s already installed.

The best use of the SDK in some cases would be to integrate a special site with the addons that SOME unique users use, so it will affect the experience of the WHOLE meeting - E.G. A lecturer that can broadcast a special video stream with embedded video effects using a 3rd party website with the SDK.

I hope this thread is going to reach the right people who are in charge of designing the SDK.

I appreciate your moments to advise me of the character of the Web SDK… I’m looking to try to use the Client SDK or Video SDK now. I’ve got a pretty straight forward idea I’m trying to implement. Look forward to keeping up with you all in the forums.

Hey @Mikron, @swiderskip, @meetever-chris,

Checkout my post here for an explanation of what the Fully Customizable SDK is:

Thanks for your input @meetever-chris! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

@Tommy when you say gallery view should be coming soon to the Web SDK is that the fully customizable Web SDK? So with the gallery view available will the individual streams for those participants be available to customize?

Hey @brightdev,

We are working on Gallery View for the Client Web SDK, and multiple streams for the Fully Customizable SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

3 Likes

Hi tommy!

Thank you for the follow ups. Please I will like to be updated as soon as the Gallery view and multiple stream is done.

I hope it wouldn’t be long from now.

Thanks.

Hi Mikro,

I am having the same issue as you.
I can’t seem to even get a confirmation mail from the form they directed developers to sign up at. I want to know if they’ve granted you access or replied you

Thanks