Can oauth app use for all account?

I create a account-level OAuth app to access the API of Zoom through it.

Question 1

If I publish this app, can this app be used for other accounts at the same time?

(All accounts use the same Client_ID&Client_Secret, and can access their own data using the Zoom api at the same time)

Or Every account needs to install the app once, and the client_ ID&Client_ secret is same?

Question 2

If question 1 is OK, can I use webhook in this OAuth app to return their respective information(webninar start/end etc ) at the same time? (I think it is distinguished by accountID)

Question 3

If question 2 is OK, if the token of an account expires for some reason,

the webhook message related to this account still be received or lost?

Hi @jiangqimin
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!

To answer your questions:

If I publish this app, can this app be used for other accounts at the same time?

Yes, if your app is published in the Marketplace, different accounts will be able to authorize their app in their account and your app will be able to make API calls on behalf of those users.

can I use webhook in this OAuth app to return their respective information(webninar start/end etc ) at the same time? (I think it is distinguished by accountID)

Yes, you can also add webhook events into your app and will be receiving events from users that have authorized your app

Hope this helps,
Elisa

@elisa.zoom
Thanks very much
Let me ask further:
I create oauthapp by account1 and publish it.
After that, if account2 wants to use the app, which of the following will happen after he installation?

① All accounts use the same app
(Client_ID&Client_Secret and other settings are the same)

account1&account2 ー>oauth_ APP(Client_ID&Client_Secret)ー>Zoom api

② He still need to set up own client after installing the app for account_ ID&Client_ Secret .etc

account1ー>oauth_ APP(Client_ID1&Client_Secret1)ー>Zoom api
account2ー>oauth_ APP(Client_ID2&Client_Secret2)ー>Zoom api

I think it should be the case of ①?

Hi @jiangqimin
Of course, I am happy to help here!

It will be scenario 1, all accounts use the same app

Cheers,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.