Can we add participants while creating a meeting

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
How to add participants to a meeting . Can it be done while creating a meeting? Or do we need to call the add registrant to meeting api for every participants

Which Endpoint/s?

/users/{userId}/meetings

/meetings/{meetingId}/registrants

Hey @rajeevrevada,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Good question! You’ll want to call the Add Meeting Registrant API in order to add registrants to your meeting.

Currently, this can’t be done with the Create a Meeting API. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM , Thanks for your reply . I would still like to know if I need to have a paid/pro+ developer account in order to add a registrant to a meeting (I mean to get proper response instead of “Only available to paid Users”.
Secondly whenever I create a meeting (using /users/{userId}/meetings) the host doesn’t receive any mail notification with a test request. Is this an expected behavior? Please let us know. Thanks in advance

Hey @rajeevrevada,

Thank you for your questions! I’m happy to help out here.

Yes, you’ll want to have a Pro Plan or higher in order avoid error messages about licensing.

Yes, that is expected behavior, the host won’t receive and email notification when a meeting is schedueld.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM , Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to know if host would able to receive an email notification when the api is triggered from a paid/pro account. If not then what would the scenarios where a host would recieve an email regarding a meeting. Thanks in advance.
Rajeev.

Hey @rajeevrevada,

Thank you for clarifying. You can change what emails a host receives, regardless of your plan, by navigating to the settings page in your Zoom Web Portal.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hey, @MaxM I have gone through the settings page but I was unable to find the several options listed above in your screenshot. Attaching a screenshot of my settings page for your reference.

Hey @rajeevrevada,

I should clarify that you will only have the option to set email notifications for features that the Basic account has.

Due to the fact that a Basic plan doesn’t include Cloud Recording, Scheduling Privileges, or Alternative Hosts you won’t see email notification options for those features.

Let me know if that helps to clear things up.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.