Can you combine the API and the Meeting SDK into one app?

I am trying to create one web app that uses the Meeting SDK and the Create Meeting API together. However in my Zoom account I have to create two apps, one meeting SDK App and one OAuth App. Is there a way to consolidate them? Or can I access the API using SDK credentials?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, it is not possible to consolidate the Meeting SDK App and OAuth App in your Zoom account. These are separate types of apps with different functionality and access to the Zoom API.

The Meeting SDK App is used to integrate Zoom meetings into your web app or service, while the OAuth App is used to authenticate and authorize users to access the Zoom API.

To use the Create Meeting API together with the Meeting SDK, you will need to create both types of apps in your Zoom account and obtain the necessary credentials for each app. The Meeting SDK credentials will be used in your web app to join and manage Zoom meetings, while the OAuth credentials will be used to authorize API requests to create new meetings.

It is not possible to access the Zoom API using SDK credentials. The OAuth App credentials are required for authentication and authorization to access the API.

Hi @jamalkhan354055 thanks for the response! Is there a way to programmatically have a “bot user” join and play audio with the meeting SDK?

@xavwar1, you definitely could programmatically have a “bot user” join and play audio.

Happy to break it down for you if you wanted to do it through. To build a meeting bot:

1. Spin up a server. We recommend AWS, GCP, or Digital Ocean.
  2. Use either the Windows or Mac Zoom SDK to launch an instance of the Zoom client.
  3. Once you have the Zoom SDK launched, and use the Raw Data functionality to extract the video and audio streams.
  4. This will return the video in I420 raw frames and audio in PCM 16LE raw format, so you’ll need to encode the audio and video yourself afterwards.
  5. Once you have one instance of this working, you’ll need to scale this across several servers if you want to run multiple bots simultaneously, which is required to have bots for multiple meetings.

Another option is Recall.ai. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get the raw audio/video from meetings + output video/audio without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.