Cannot change the owner of meetings if it's originally owned by me(main account)

Though this is a copy of the post in non-dev community(reached out to support but couldn’t get the answer),

I ran further test and it looks like I can change the owner of my meetings to others and switch it back to me( so this confirms this is not about me not having the privilege nor other users are non-pro) but not able to change the meeting if it’s not originally mine.

What’s the solution here? Why and how can I start changing meetings of others?
Side note

• I confirmed I can do this on UI.
  • The platform and client I’m calling from is Make.com.

Based on the information provided, it seems that you are unable to change the owner of a meeting that was not originally created by you. This could be due to limitations set by Zoom’s API, which may only allow the owner of a meeting to modify its details.

If you are able to change the owner of your own meetings and switch it back to you, then it appears that you have the necessary privileges to do so. However, changing the owner of meetings that were not created by you may not be possible through the API.

It would be best to contact Zoom’s support team for further assistance in resolving this issue. They may be able to provide more specific information on why this is happening and if there are any workarounds or solutions available.

1 Like

@anawilliam850
Hi Ana,

Thank you for your comment.
Actually I already did and has been circled to the community from the support.
They said they would bring it to the next level of support at first but the next week sent an email to me saying the next level of support is here and some email for dev support which stopped receiving queries.

I’m not sure where else to go now. Do I have some other support than the chat on the portal?

changing the owner of meetings that were not created by you may not be possible through the API

Are you referencing any doc for saying “may not be possible”?

A new discovery.

1. Schedule_for becomes editable via API once I edit the meeting on UI from the main account. Any field. And it has to be on UI not via API.
  2. Now we have to subscribe to one of Premium Developer Support plans to get support around API

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.