Unable to change meeting host with owner

Description
When updating a host from a “Recurring meeting with no fixed time”. I receive the below error message. When using /users/me in the JWT I see the used user is the owner. The problem here is that the owner does not appear to have the “I can schedule for” “Schedule Privilege”. A other user (dev) does have this privilege but that users doesn’t appear to be used for the JWT. When setting “Assign scheduling privilege to” on the owner for dev it still doesn’t work. Both users are licensed.

Error
https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings{some-id} without success with status 400. Possible reason: You cannot schedule a meeting for

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

• GET /users/me
  • PATCH /meetings/{meetingId}

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
URL: /meetings/{id}
BODY:

[
            'topic'        => 'Meeting name',
            'schedule_for' => 'user_id',
            'type'         => 3,
            'timezone'     => 'Europe/Amsterdam',
            'settings'     => [
                'approval_type'            => 2,
                'waiting_room'             => true,
                'global_dial_in_countries' => [ 'NL', 'BE' ],
            ]
]
  1. See error 400 You cannot schedule a meeting for

Hi @SuperDJ ,

Hmm, let’s get to the bottom of this! Can you confirm you’ve followed all steps here to address the privileges of the Owner?: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host?

You can set the scheduling privilege and/or enable a cost.

Thanks,
Gianni

@gianni.zoom I haven’t used the alternative host because of the limitations an alternative host has based on differences mentioned here.

• Both users must be Licensed or On-Prem. Both users (owner, dev) and all possible hosts have a license;
  • Both users must be on the same account, or linked master/sub accounts. All users are visible in “User management”;
  • For webinars, both users must have the webinar add-on. Not relevant as we use it for meetings;
  • If scheduling for another user through a Zoom plugin, add-in, or add-on, install the latest version. Not relevant as we update meetings by JWT API;
  • The owner has set “Assign scheduling privilege to” to dev user;
  • The dev user has set “I can schedule for” for all possible hosts;

@gianni.zoom have you been able to find anything?

Hi @SuperDJ – thank you for your patience. Can you please elaborate on what mean that the dev doesn’t appear to be using the JWT token, but the owner is?

Could you clarify what authentication process the dev is using? If the owner and dev are operating from the same app, the token should be the same.

Thank you,
Gianni

@gianni.zoom I didn’t mean that the dev user is using a other authentication process. It’s just that when using GET /users/me the result is the owner.

• The owner does not have the Schedule privilege/ license to “I can schedule for”.
  • The dev user is licensed and so has the privilege:

But even if the owner is licensed and so has the privilege and at the dev user “Assign scheduling privilege to” is set to the owner the error is returned.

Is it possible to get some sort of development environment so we can test this without accidentally deleting all meetings for production?

@SuperDJ ,

Great question! To carrier out testing apart from your production account, we recommend creating a test account:

Test Accounts Link

Let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.