Cannot connect to a registration-required webinar in Web SDK

Hi I am trying to connect to a webinar that requires registration using the WebSDK, and I am getting the following error:

“Not support registration webinar”

I assume that this means you don’t support registration webinars in the Web SDK yet? (this seems to be confirmed by looking at the docs). Do you have plans for this?

Thanks,
Bruno.

Hi @bruno,

At this time, we do not support registration webinars in the WebSDK. We do have plans to add this feature in future releases, although I cannot provide you with a definite timeline.

I will update this thread once the feature is available.

Thanks!

Thanks Ojus. At least I know I’m not doing anything wrong.

Is this still the case with Web SDK version 1.7.0 (current)? I cannot join a “registration required” webinar, the error message displayed is the following:

However, the payload is the following:

{
method: "join", 
errorCode: 3000, 
errorMessage: "another meeting running", 
result: null
}

For the record, in the docs there is no mention of error code 3000. (And there is no other meeting running.)

Hey @penar.musaraj,

It sounds like your user is already in a webinar / meeting.

Can you confirm that your user is not in a meeting / webinar when trying to join this Webinar?

Related:

Thanks,
Tommy

Confirmed, the user is not in a meeting / webinar.

I also did the following:

• disabled “registration required”, reloaded the SDK page, and user joins the webinar correctly
  • re-enabled “registration required”, reloaded the SDK page, and the user gets the same error as the screenshot above.

Hey @penar.musaraj,

I see, yes it must be due to registration being required, which is currently not supported on the Web SDK:

Apologies for the confusing error message.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like