Cannot Join Meeting That Requires Registration

If I configure my meeting to not require registration then it works. It was working with registrations for several weeks then today we started getting the error shown below…

{“method”:“join”,“status”:false,“result”:null,“errorMessage”:“Joining fail”,“errorCode”:1}

I was running 1.7.7 so I updated to 1.7.8 but I am still getting the same error.

We can still join a webinar but they don’t use registrations either. Something has changed on Zoom’s end for meetings with registrations.

If I switch roles to be host then the same code works with or without requiring meeting registration. Sure seems like this problem is on Zoom’s end. Could use some help with this issue.

Any ideas @michael_p.zoom?

Hey @bmilburn,

Please see my answer to your post here:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy - Thanks I understand this about webinars but the issue is with registered meeting users. This was working and now does not. Something changed and recently and now registered meeting users are not also not supported with the web sdk.

Hey @bmilburn,

Not sure if we are on the same page about meeting registration, but meeting registration has not been supported on the Zoom Web Client or Web SDK yet.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy,

Thank you for your reply, any idea when this will be added to the Web SDK?

Thanks,
Issa.

Hey @issahh89,

We do not have a timeline set in stone, but we will defiantly have this in the future.

You can stay updated here:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

hi @tommy, does this issue fixed yet?
we just had the same issue today (8/4,2020), an attendees tried to join the meeting (required registration) from the web. he still get the error: The meeting requires registration to join and it is not supported to join from the browser.
we are blocked by this issue. any update or workaround will be appreciated.

Hey @AICamp_US,

The Web SDK and Web Client currently do not support Meeting Registration.

Stay updated here:

Thanks,
Tommy

hey @tommy,
thanks for getting back. I see you said this will be supported in June~July release. anything changed? or do you have timeline to support this?
This seems a highly requested feature. as running educational meeting, we have to enable the meeting registration before students can join the meeting. and many students can’t install zoom client due to security restricted in their company.
thanks

Hey @AICamp_US,

You can see our upcoming release log here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

Will this line item scheduled for Aug 22nd include regular meeting registration?

• Added support for joining a webinar as a registered attendee.

Thanks,
CL

Hey @codinglarge,

No, just webinar registration.

Thanks,
Tommy

is it on the roadmap and if so, would you share any insight into the timing of when this may get launched?

Hey @codinglarge,

Please see our latest Web SDK release here:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

We expected “Added support for joining a registered webinar.” to resolve this for meetings as well, unfortunately. this is a go/no-go for us.
Regarding @codinglarge question, the changelog doesn’t provide an outlook if/when the web client will support this. @tommy Could you please give us an estimate?

Hey @oori,

For a Web Client roadmap, please reach out to support.zoom.us.

As for the Web SDK, we are working to support registration with meetings in a future release.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy I’m not sure why you sent me to your support. they can’t help (I tired…). Seems like only you - developer advocates, could assist us somehow. What we need to know is if and when registered meetings could be joined, especially now, that sdk 1.8.0 is released.

Thanks.

Hi @oori,

At the moment, the Web SDK does not support registration with meetings. That said, with 1.8.0, the Web SDK has support for joining a registered webinar. While the meetings are something that is on our radar, we don’t have a solid timeline for when this might be available.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

I hope that this is added soon to meetings! This would be very beneficial! :muscle: