Cannot leave meeting -- Uncaught TypeError: l.a.getJoinVoIPTimes is not a function

Description

When I click “Leave Meeting”, below error show up in console and redirection to leave_url does not occur.

Uncaught TypeError: l.a.getJoinVoIPTimes is not a function

Is there any possible reason for this error?

Which version?

Web sdk version 1.7.0.

To Reproduce(If applicable)

1. Join meeting.
  2. Click “Leave Meeting”.

Screenshots

Hey @masahiro.harada, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Can you please share your code so I can debug?

(My leave button works.)

Thanks,
Tommy

We’ve seen this error as well.

This user was on Linux:

SDK app runs in an iframe and we call ZoomMtg.leaveMeeting

Hey @frank.becker,

Thanks for the details. Are you redirected to the leaveUrl, or does it just stay in place throwing errors?

-Tommy

I haven’t been able to reproduce on my linux vm. We’ve set the leaveUrl to about:blank and I believe the person saw a blank iframe. In the success callback for leaveMeeting we reload the zoom iframe in order to load the next meeting and it did not get to that point. The person tried to manually load the next meeting but it complained about still being in another meeting. So leaveMeeting didn’t succeed and leaving the page did not immediately kick them out of the original meeting - like here Closing app does not properly leave the meeting

Hey @frank.becker,

I suggest not embedding the Zoom Web SDK into an iFrame, we did not design the Web SDK to be used within iFrames so there could be issues.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy we are not using iframe but still we are fetching same issue
here is my code sample
ZoomMtg.init({ leaveUrl: meetConfig.leaveUrl, isSupportAV: true, success() { ZoomMtg.join({ meetingNumber: meetConfig.meetingNumber, userName: meetConfig.userName, signature, apiKey: meetConfig.apiKey, userEmail: meetConfig.email, passWord: meetConfig.passWord, success() { selfInst.props.storeWarnUserOnPageLeave({ stateUpdated: true, showPopupForSaveSetting: false, selectedLink: '', }); }, error(e) { console.log('error', e); }, }); }, error(res) { console.log('Error while joining Zoom meeting', res); }, });

Hey @nayanpipaliya35,

Can you please share steps to reproduce the issue, the version of the Web SDK you are using, and a screenshot of the errors in the browser console?

Thanks,
Tommy

Any news about that bug ? It’s been months…

There are other threads in the forum mentioning it with screenshot and details.

• This happen on all versions from version 1.7.0 to 1.8.0 (including)
  • This happen internally on the web SDK and is not related to the application implementation (i mean you can reproduce it with demo application as well)
  • Just use any Web SDK based zoom application, open and join a meeting as host long enough and leave / end it. You may have these traces some times at the moment you leave. (the bug do not occur 100% of time)
  • Just test it enough time to reproduce it, it happens on our application multiple times per day for many different users and OS profiles so i think it’s not really linked to that.
  • As reported by me on another thread, it looks like a race condition when closing resources on the client during the leave action. (but this is just a guess)

Hi @nvivot,

Can you please share your code and a screenshot of the errors in the browser console? This will allow us to take a closer look at your specific instance of this error.

Thanks,
Will

Hey @nvivot,

Are you using the Web SDK in an iFrame? Also, what is the leaveUrl you are using?

While I am not able to reproduce this issue. I have notified our engineers and they are looking into why this error is being thrown. (CS-2304)

Thanks,
Tommy

@will.zoom
Sorry we cannot share our code like this.

@tommy
Yes we embed zoom in an iFrame. (we are planning to remove the iFrame usage)
We are using a custom leaveUrl to redirect to an internal web page of our application.

Hey @nvivot,

Thanks for the info. Please let. me know if you also see this issue when you are not using an iFrame.

-Tommy

We do not see this error anymore since we removed the iFrame.

We also upgrade zoom version from 1.7.10 to 1.8.1, but i guess it’s not coming from the web SDK as this kind of error where happening from March this year already.

Hey @nvivot,

Thanks for the update. Happy to hear the error is not there if you do not use the iFrame.

-Tommy

Hey everyone,

If you are still experiencing this issue, it will be fixed in version 1.8.5.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

The error is still there even after removing the iframe, it was just hidden by our redirection system on a new web page after leaving the meeting.

I also had a complete black screen when the host ended the meeting on a non host participant side, without the popup informing that the host ended the meeting. First time i get this.

Hi @nvivot,

Thanks for confirming that you still get that uncaughtTypeError, even when not iFraming. We are working to address this in an upcoming release. (CS-2304)

Regarding the black screen when the host ended the meeting, was this experienced for all participants or just 1? Can you confirm what your leaveUrl is set to? Any additional details will be helpful to look into this further.

Thank you,
Will

Hi Will,

Right now it is 1 to 1 meeting, so yes it was experience by all participants from the meeting :smiley:

More seriously, unfortunately since it’s 1 to 1 i cannot tell you if such error would affect all or only one participant with a multiple non host participants meeting.

Our leaveUrl is set to ‘/#survey’, so it redirects to same page on current application.

Again this error happened only once, i could not reproduce it and i cannot find it happening for our users (until now at least). I’ll monitor this more carefully and let you know if i find something useful to report.

Hi @nvivot,

I see—thank you for clarifying.

Since I haven’t been able to reproduce this on my end so far, please do let me know if you encounter this again, and I’ll be happy to keep investigating.

Thanks,
Will