Cannot update meeting setting via API using meeting update patch request

Description
Cannot update meeting settings using the PATCH /meetings/{meetingId} API endpoint

Error
I have made the request from my app and also from the “Send a Test Request” section of this page: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingupdate and I receive a 204 status code both times. The “topic” will update fine, as well as the “host_video” setting, but the “approval_type” and “waiting_room” settings will not update.

Which App Type
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
PATCH /meetings/{meetingId}

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Using an OAuth access token, the Id of a previously created meeting, and the following json body, make an HTTP request to the PATCH /meetings/{meetingId} endpoint (I was able to reproduce this error using the “Send a Test Request” page at https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingupdate):
    {
    “topic”: “My Test”,
    “type”: 2,
    “start_time”: “2021-03-15T08:00:00Z”,
    “duration”: 60,
    “timezone”: “America/Los_Angeles”,
    “settings”: {
    “approval_type”: 0,
    “waiting_room”: false,
    “host_video”: true
    }
    }
  2. Confirm you receive the expected “204” HTTP status code.
  3. Confirm that “topic” will update fine, as well as the “host_video” setting, but the “approval_type” and “waiting_room” settings will not update.

Additional context
Date of Occurrence: March 12, 4:35pm PST
Meeting ID: 97653073667
Account No: 51381620

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

Hey @derrick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I tested out the request that you made and I was only able to reproduce the issue with changing waiting_room. However, it seems this is related to the Require that all meetings are secured with one security option setting.

Due to this setting, I saw that if I attempted to disable waiting_room without enabling another one of the security options, the change wouldn’t happen. Instead, if you add the password property to the request, you’ll see that waiting_room is disabled as expected.

When it comes to the issues setting approval_type, I’m not too sure why this is happening. Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that thread, please include the meeting ID where you’re seeing this behavior and I’ll investigate further.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.