Can't get meeting recording by uuid when uuid has slashes?

Description
I am trying to fetch a meeting recording by uuid via the /meeting/(recordingUUID)/recordings endpoint. In my case the meeting uuid has slashes in it: /ckQyTrqRFKXZHz0/PmVxQ==, so i try to GET /meeting/%2FckQyTrqRFKXZHz0%2FPmVxQ%3D%3D/recordings

Error
{“code”:3301,“message”:“This recording does not exist.”}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
/meeting/%2FckQyTrqRFKXZHz0%2FPmVxQ%3D%3D/recordings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
GET /meeting/%2FckQyTrqRFKXZHz0%2FPmVxQ%3D%3D/recordings

Additional context
In my UI, i display a list of recordings (/users/<user_id>/recordings) and allow the user to select one. I keep the recording UUID in the list, and try to download that recording with /meeting/(recordingUUID)/recordings. Is there a better way i should be doing this? I can’t use id from the recordings list because that seems to always pick the latest recording in that meeting.

Hey @scottjg

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

these threads do not seem to apply to my question

Hey @scottjg,

Can you please try double url encoding the meetingUUID?

It would become this: %252FckQyTrqRFKXZHz0%252FPmVxQ%253D%253D

Thanks,
Tommy

It worked! Is that in the docs and I just missed it?

Hey @scottjg,

Happy to hear it works! :slight_smile: Yes, it is mentioned in the docs here:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.