Can't leave waiting for the host screen

Description
Can’t press any button on custom waiting view controller (if custom ui disabled).
onJBHWaitingWithCmd with .hide not calling (if custom ui enabled).
If onJBHWaitingWithCmd not implemented (custom ui disabled):
I dont know why default waiting host screen interaction disabled (“Leave” button dont work) in my work project. In sample project default waiting host screen interaction works (“Exit” button work, but why “Exit”, not “Leave”).

Which iOS Meeting SDK version?
v5.7.6.1082, v5.7.1.645

Please fix this issue, can’t update sdk from v5.5.12511.0421.

To Reproduce disabled user interaction
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Set up sample project without root navigation controller and without custom UI
  2. Enable - (void)onJBHWaitingWithCmd:(JBHCmd)cmd in SDKStartJoinMeetingPresenter+MeetingServiceDelegate
    1. Join to meeting with PMI (Personal Meeting ID)
  3. Errors:
  • onJBHWaitingWithCmd called twice with JBHCmd_Show
  • any user interactions disabled (can’t leave waiting room)

Second case
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Set up sample project without root navigation controller and with custom UI
  2. Enable - (void)onJBHWaitingWithCmd:(JBHCmd)cmd in SDKStartJoinMeetingPresenter+MeetingServiceDelegate
    1. Join to meeting with PMI (Personal Meeting ID)
  3. Errors:
  • onJBHWaitingWithCmd not called when “Exit” waiting host screen

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: reproduced on simulator

Notes
Also if DISABLE onJBHWaitingWithCmd in SDKStartJoinMeetingPresenter+MeetingServiceDelegate (in sample project without root navigation controller) it’s cause warning in logs:
2021-12-15 15:40:56.459671+0400 MobileRTCSample[46442:773640] Unbalanced calls to begin/end appearance transitions for <ZMRootNavigationController: 0x7f8c6302f600>.
2021-12-15 15:40:56.459911+0400 MobileRTCSample[46442:773640] [Presentation] Attempt to present <ZMNavigationController: 0x7f8c64062400> on <ZMRootNavigationController: 0x7f8c6302f600> (from <ZMRootNavigationController: 0x7f8c6302f600>) whose view is not in the window hierarchy.

Hi @kovyashevsb, thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a modified version of the sample app or a diff so that we can reproduce? Based on my testing, it seems to be working correctly, but perhaps I am misunderstanding the issue you are seeing.

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1evBhUh_QqM7wbjhjv4f_oMyXyrJH0oVk/view?usp=sharing

Also I fix this issue:

I dont know why default waiting host screen interaction disabled (“Leave” button dont work) in my work project. In sample project default waiting host screen interaction works (“Exit” button work, but why “Exit”, not “Leave”).

But default waiting host screen navigation bar transparent

Hi @kovyashevsb,

Just to confirm, am I understanding correctly that you have resolved the issues you were previously seeing but now are seeing a new issue with the default waiting UI?

Thanks!

I have the unresolved issue: no user interaction on custom host idle screen in case without root view controller, without custom UI, but with onJBHWaitingWithCmd implemented. This case easy to reproduce in provided sample app.

Also I can’t use the default host idle screen because it has a transparent navigation bar (in the screenshot).

Thanks!

Hi @kovyashevsb,

After testing the modified sample app you have provided, I am still unable to reproduce the behavior you’ve seen. In all scenarios the waiting UI is still fully visible and usable. Can you please double-check that the project you’ve provided has all of the changes required to reproduce?

Thanks!

I downloaded the sample provided to you and checked it again.
Also I made screen recordings:

1. With onJBHWaitingWithCmd method disabled
  1. With onJBHWaitingWithCmd method enabled

Hi @kovyashevsb,

Thanks for providing those recordings. We’ll investigate this and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

Hi @kovyashevsb,

We have identified a fix for this which will be included in the release next month.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for your work!

You are very welcome! Feel free to reach out in a new topic with any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face: