Can't Submit My App - Submission Button is Disabled

Hi everyone,

I’m encountering an issue while trying to submit my app on the Zoom App Marketplace. The submission button remains disabled, and I’m unable to proceed with the submission process. I’ve ensured that all required fields are completed and have reviewed my submission multiple times, but the button is still not active.

My app URL is apktopfollow and it’s a tool designed to help users increase their Instagram followers.

Has anyone else faced this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it? Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @spotifreekapk only the app developer can submit the app if you are a collaborator you can fill out all the details but the submit button will not work. Please make sure you use the dev account used to create the app.

Hi,

I faced a similar issue with the submission button being disabled. Here’s what worked for me: First, double-check that all required fields are correctly filled out. If everything looks good, try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies can also help resolve this issue. Additionally, ensure that no browser extensions, such as ad blockers, are interfering with the submission process. If the problem persists, I recommend contacting Zoom support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!