Can't use the appShareWithView

I am using the iOS SDK to make a function that can share in the meeting like share content in Zoom meeting.

I try to call the function “appShareWithView”, but it doesn’t work, not showing the image as share content.

The version of the Zoom SDK is v4.6.21666.0428.

I add the “appShareWithView” function in “onBtnClick” function, I tried [ms appShareWithView:myImageView] myImageView is a UIImageView
and,
[ms appShareWithView:self.splashVC.view] which is provided in the demo.
However, both don’t work.

• Device: iPad, pro, air

Hey @lemon97213,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

The version you are using is too outdated for developer support unfortunately. Can you update to the latest version available on the Zoom Marketplace?

Thanks!
Michael

Thank you for help @Michael_Condon

I downloaded to newest version on Marketplace( v5.7.1.644), but same problem happen.

Hey @lemon97213,

Awesome, thank you for doing that!

Can you elaborate on what happens when you try to share? Do you receive an error? Does anything happen?

Thanks!
Michael

When I try to share, nothing happens, no error, I added NSLog to check the method had been called but nothing happens.

Hey @lemon97213,

Is the callback onSinkMeetingActiveShare triggered after this function is called?

Thanks!
Michael

I am trying to use this to do, but till now still doesn’t work.

I think I am using the original meetingView “[[[MobileRTC sharedRTC] getMeetingService] meetingView]”, not the CustomerUIView, is there any difference?

I also visit the Zoom SDK website (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/iOS/mastering-zoom-sdk/in-meeting-function/screen-share), In the “Share Single View” function, I found that it mentions that the appShareWithView can only use with customUiView.

About onSinkMeetingActiveShare, I have added this in my mainViewcontroler but seen it had never been called.

Hey @lemon97213,

Is sharing enabled in your meeting?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,

I am not so sure how to check is it enabled.

Hey @lemon97213,

Try calling “startAppShare” and see what it returns.

Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon

I called “startAppShare” but nothing happens, no error, no log, nothing change.

Regards,
Alex

Hey @lemon97213,

That function returns a bool. True indicates success and false indicates failure.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon ,

oh, sorrry i misunderstood that, It returned “false”.

Regards,
Alex

Hey @lemon97213,

When you called it, were you the host of the meeting?

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon

Yes, I am the host, but I am the only one in the meeting. but I have tried even to have participants in the meeting, it still returns false. Is there any sample except the zoom SDK one (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/iOS/mastering-zoom-sdk/in-meeting-function/screen-share). Thank you so much for your help.

Regard,
Alex

Hey @lemon97213,

There is not, but I think I can create a sample application for you. Do you prefer Swift or Objective-C?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,

Thank you so much, you are very kind. I prefer Objective-C. You save my life.

Hi @Michael_Condon ,

Sorry for interrupting you, but may I know how is it going? Thank you so much.

Regard,
Alex LO