Capture audio streams from Zoom Phone

**Hi @MaxM *,

I’ve seen you respond to a few similar posts such as this one over the past few years, and would appreciate your assistance with this post, therefore I kindly request this post is left for MaxM to respond to :slight_smile:

Can you please advise how I can capture the audio streams from your Zoom Phone product (not Zoom meetings) in real time? https://explore.zoom.us/en/products/zoom-phone/

I’d like to stream the audio to a websocket server, can you please advise how, or, point me in the direction of your Zoom Phone team for answers or possible enterprise customisations.

Thanking you in advance!

Hey @synthien,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

At the moment, I don’t believe this is possible. The closest thing would be to record Zoom Phone calls and work with the recording file afterwards.

We hope to support an SDK for the Zoom Phone capabilities in the future, which would enable raw audio access. But this is not currently available.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if you have questions about this.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom

Thanks for jumping in, sorry to say but this doesn’t really help :frowning: There have been posts in this forum dating back to 2018 asking for this feature… so stating ‘we hope to support this in the future’ really doesn’t answer my question or address the demand.

Dealing with recordings after the calls have ended is not keeping up with the CX demands of today. Zoom needs to get onto it or risk being left behind in this category by your competitors.

I did state that I wanted @MaxM to respond because in some of his replies to similar posts on this forum he did hint it was possible, however I’m not sure which product he was referring to, or if it was actually what I was after. For eg;

Can this be used to stream Zoom Phone streams to a websocket server to grab the audio in real time?

Here are some other quotes;

“If you wanted access to raw audio and video data, you can use the Video SDK but this doesn’t provide built-in features like meetings, or cloud recording.”

“If you need access to the raw video and audio of a meeting, you will want to look into our Fully Customizable SDK .”

“When it comes to livestreaming, that will include both the audio and the video. If you have a custom RTMP server where you have logic to access just the audio then that should work.”

If yourself or @MaxM can clarify that would be great… if the clarification doesn’t provide a solution, is there a Professional Services team or something similar that I can reach out to to get this on the roadmap if a custom integration/marketplace app is not possible?

Following up @MaxM @will.zoom

Following up @max555 @will.zoom

Any support moderators want to respond???

Is Zoom experiencing staff shortages or turnover? No one available to moderate on the dev forums these days?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.