When setting allow_multiple_devices zoom = true while creating a meeting via API, the current behaviour is:
- if the same registrant tries to open the same link in another device while already in the meeting, Zoom doesn’t allow to enter the meeting, until the session is closed in the other device
Is it possible to change this behavior to:
- if the same registrant tries to open the same link in another device while already in the meeting, Zoom open the meeting in the new device and closes in the other device?
The problem with the default behavior is when the user opens the meeting in the navigator (instead of the app), an when he closes the browser, it takes a long time (3 to 5 minutes) for Zoom to detect that the user leaved the meeting.
When trying to enter the meeting again (even in the same device, same browser), Zoom is blocking the user because it thinks he is already in the meeting. Only after a few minutes, when the previous user session is cleared, that Zoom allows to enter the meeting.
So, if the behavior is “always open the meeting in the new device, closing elsewhere” is much safer than not allowing to enter in the new device.
How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Create a meeting with allow_multiple_devices and approval_type = 0 or 1
- Register in the meeting
- Start the meeting with the host
- In a new New Incognito tab in the browser, open the registrant link, and enter the meeting in thr browser (not in the app)
- After entering the meeting, close the tab
- Try to enter again in the meeting with the registrant
- Zoom will no allow to enter thinking it’s already in the meeting