Allow_multiple_devices only with zoom account?

Description

I need to integrate zoom in a web-app. Our back-end should be in control of who can join what meeting with what name. People have an account on our site.

My first approach is to use the rest-api to add and then allow registrants to a meeting from our back-end.

I intended to set "allow_multiple_devices": false on the meeting to prevent participants from forwarding the link to someone else. But the documentation says:

NOTE: This setting is only applied for meetings that have enabled registration.

So the "allow_multiple_devices": false setting can only be used if the registrants have a zoom account and are logged into zoom?

Is there any way to prevent registrants without zoom login to use the join link on multiple devices?

Thanks!

Hey @Videda,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Great question! The allow_multiple_devices property will prevent registered users from joining again but it won’t require that the users that registered for your meeting have a Zoom account or are logged into Zoom.

It won’t let the same email be reused to join the meeting from another device.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hey MaxM

Thank you for your reply.

Great! This is exactly the functionality I am looking for

Unfortunately I am unable to achieve this.

For a meeting with:

• ‘approval_type’: 1 (Manual approval)
  • ‘allow_multiple_devices’: False

Here the whole censored meeting data:

{'host_id': '...', 'host_email': '...', 'password': '...', 'assistant_id': '', 'status': 'waiting', 'agenda': '', 'start_time': '2021-02-05T11:00:00Z', 'pstn_password': '...', 'topic': 'My Meeting 6', 'encrypted_password': '...', 'duration': 60, 'start_url': '...', 'registration_url': '...', 'created_at': '2021-02-05T10:13:38Z', 'settings': {'meeting_authentication': False, 'mute_upon_entry': False, 'approved_or_denied_countries_or_regions': {'enable': False}, 'watermark': False, 'cn_meeting': False, 'waiting_room': False, 'use_pmi': False, 'enforce_login': False, 'request_permission_to_unmute_participants': False, 'registrants_email_notification': True, 'show_share_button': True, 'allow_multiple_devices': False, 'approval_type': 1, 'registrants_confirmation_email': True, 'encryption_type': 'enhanced_encryption', 'audio': 'both', 'enforce_login_domains': '', 'in_meeting': False, 'host_video': False, 'auto_recording': 'none', 'join_before_host': False, 'contact_email': '...', 'global_dial_in_countries': ['US'], 'jbh_time': 0, 'global_dial_in_numbers': [...], 'close_registration': False, 'alternative_hosts': '', 'breakout_room': {'enable': False}, 'participant_video': False, 'contact_name': '...'}, 'type': 2, 'timezone': '...', 'h323_password': '...', 'uuid': '...', 'id': ..., 'join_url': '...'}

Then I approve and get the join url for a registrant:

Unfortunately now the registrant can use this join_url to join as many times as he wants on multiple devices.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Hey @Videda,

Thank you for providing additional information. My understanding is that the setting prevents users from joining from the desktop client and a phone at the same time. I don’t think it restricts the join_url from being used from multiple computers.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.