Add ability to set “Allow attendees to join from multiple devices” via api “Create a meeting” for Registration required meetings

I am creating meetings via API with registration and manual approval required. The approval also I’m doing using the status change API. However, there is no parameter to set Allow multiple devices to off.

This will cause major security issues as attendees can simply share their join URL with others, and since they are approved, they will end up on the meetings. Hence we would like to set the following parameter to false to prevent this.

“allow_multiple_devices”: “false”,

This key is already present in the ‘Create Webinar’ API and its only logical that its there in the ‘Create Meeting’ API too. Is there a reason this key is not present. If not, kindly implement it at the earliest as its a major blocker for us.

1 Like

Hi @mayank this is on our roadmap, but I do not have an exact date yet. As per our latest release, meetings requiring registration can prevent users from joining from multiple devices. This is available under Registration Options of the meeting details section in the web portal.

1 Like

Thanks @michael.zoom.
We also need this feature while creating meeting via API for our online education use case. We run multiple classrooms daily for multiple accounts and it becomes difficult to go and update each meeting manually to disable “Allow attendees to join from multiple devices”. Option to do it using API is required.
I see this option is already available to the webinar APIs; so I think it should be fairly easy to add into meetings. Sharing of registrant’s join URL is making classroom unmanageable at times.
Really appreciate if this can be done soon.

1 Like

This is a much needed functionality for the meetings API for us as well. Otherwise we will have to go through all the meetings and uncheck the checkbox and save the meetings. Waiting for it :slight_smile:

Hey @mayank, @kuldeek, @chamathpali,

Checkout my update on this feature here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @chamathpali, @kuldeek, @mayank,

This feature will be released in October! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Is this still scheduled for this month? Our system auto-generates meetings and this one missing feature is definitely proving to be an impediment.

Hey @alexplumb,

This functionality is still on track to be released shortly. You can follow along with our Changelog here to stay up to date on the latest.

Thanks,
Will

Hey @will.zoom @tommy
When i create a meeting through zoom create meeting api i used bellow setting
“approval_type” => 0,
“registration_type” => 1,
“allow_multiple_devices”=> false,

But in response i’m getting “allow_multiple_devices”=> true and anyone can join using unique join url from other devices

so how can i “allow_multiple_devices”=> false ? I need quick help

Hi @kronlineclasses,

Per our conversation over Developer Support, we’re looking into this for you (ZOOM-214323).

Thanks,
Will

Any news on this? Thanks

Hey @meetmatt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. It doesn’t look like this has been added as a feature just yet. I recommend periodically checking the Changelog to see the new features that we’ve added.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Hey @kronlineclasses,

Our internal team got back to us and indicated that they are not able to reproduce this issue. From here, if you’re still having issues, I recommend sending an email with the full request body and response that you get to developersupport@zoom.us.

Thanks,
Max

i still have this issue.any updates
In zoom api
“approval_type” => 1,
“registration_type” => 1,
“allow_multiple_devices”=> false,

but allow_multiple_devices always true

Hey @kronlineclasses,

Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include information about the tool that you’re using to make the request and how you’re viewing the response.

From there, I’ll investigate further and we can set up a meeting to debug the issue.

Thanks,
Max