Chat & Hand Raise Issue - the latest SDK version 5.14.0.12917

Hi Team,

After updating our SDK version to 5.14.0.12917, we are facing the issue in Andriod Tab -

When the participants join the session through the Andriod tab, they cannot view the Chat and Rand raise options during the live meeting.

Reference screenshot: link
Reference device details: Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
Model Number: SM-X205

Thanks and Regards

@zoom.adpladmin ,

Thanks for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum – I am happy to help here! To begin, can you share if you are leveraging custom view with the Android SDK?

Hi @donte.zoom,

We are not leveraging custom view with the Android SDK. Please let me know for any additional information required.

@zoom.adpladmin ,

Are there any errors or crash logs? Also, can you the host still view the Chat and Rand raise options during the live meeting? Can you share a screenshot of your MeetingOption for your app ? I’ve linked our help documentation below for reference.

MeetingOption

https://developers.zoom.us/docs/meeting-sdk/android/use-meeting-sdk/default-ui/ui-setting/#meeting-view-options

@donte.zoom

Please find the responses to the concerns

Are there any errors or crash logs?

• There are no errors or crash logs as this issue is faced by the specific group of participants only (Android Tab Users).

Also, can you the host still view the Chat and Rand raise options during the live meeting?

• Yes

Can you share a screenshot of your MeetingOption for your app?

• I’ll try to get it ASAP

I’ve linked our help documentation below for reference.

• Thanks, I have shared it with the concerned team and will reach you out for any concerns.

Regards

@donte.zoom, Please find the meeting setting as per the ask.

Please let me know for any additional information

Hello @zoom.adpladmin ,

In Android Tab, we’ll show chat and raise hand options in “more”. Since you’ve set NO_BUTTON_MORE in your meeting_views_options, that’s the reason why you’re not seeing those options. Please remove the NO_BUTTON_MORE and let us know whether the issue has been fixed.
Thank you

Elaine

Hi @elaine.ku,

Thanks for the guidance, we are working on it and will get back to you for any concerns or support.

Regards

This could be related to the layout of the UI on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8. It is possible that the Chat and Raise Hand options are not visible due to the screen size or resolution.

You can try adjusting the layout of your app to accommodate smaller screens, or consider using a different layout for tablets. Additionally, you may want to check if there are any compatibility issues with the Android version running on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8.

You can also check if the issue is specific to the Zoom SDK by testing the native Zoom app on the same device and seeing if the Chat and Raise Hand options are visible during a meeting. If they are not visible in the native Zoom app as well, then it could be a limitation of the device itself.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.