Chat webhook events don't include the file attachment message

Description
The message sent event should include attachments message or any file-based message(voice record, video message), I expected there is message events or alternative events coming at least.

Error
Has no Webhook at all, tried to subscribe all Webhook resource

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Oauth (but use webhook)

Which Endpoint/s?
Events: chat_message.sent

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Build an account level app and add the root account
  2. use any account to create channel and direct to the mock server
  3. send message
  4. check the mock server log, has an event
  5. then send a message with attachment with your message
  6. No event detected.
  7. [Optional] also do the same attachment with 3rd service like google drive and no event detected.

Hi @k-root

Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Support, I am happy to help here!
Could you please share with me to what events are you listening to?
Are you referring to the following event:

Thanks
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom:

I’m listening to the events chat_message.sent and not getting any events from the attachments chat message. Is there any alternative events related to the file attachment in the chat?

Hi @elisa.zoom ,

I am also experiencing this issue. We receive chat messages according to the chat_message.sent scope: Zoom API Events - Chat.

However, when a message with an attachment is sent, there is no webhook notification sent from zoom.

Could you assist us with this issue? Thank you!

Ah I see!!! @k-root and @ttt
So as you can see in our Docs, this is by design and the payload from the webhook does not contain the file attachment.
Feel free to make a feature request here:

Cheers,
Elisa

Hi Elisa:

I’m not only asking for the contain file attachment, the issue here is once message with an attachment, the webhook don’t send anything, we expected there are chat_message.sent or some alternative show out at least, even though it lack of attachment information, otherwise users are literally under the radar by chatting with file attachment. This is a potential security issue for us.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.